News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Joomla/Virtuemart error Apache and PHP-FPM memory overload

Started by kilombo, September 15, 2022, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilombo

Good morning,

I have a small webshop running Joomla 3.10.11 and virtuemart latest version. One week ago (more or less a day) i've updated virtuemart and all the possible components/plugins, since that my website has almost literally stopped working.
The site actually works, but it looks that has a PHP memory leak (or something similar like that). If i restart the PHP service the site runs normally for something like 4 to 5 minutes, after that the PHP-FPM memory starts to be all consumed and then it starts to run really slow, to the moment that it stops working. Throwing error 503.
I've already unnistalled almost all of the third party components, it's also not a theme problem (because i already tried three diferent themes, and the problem stays the same), it doesn't seem like something is wrong with the service, because i've got 2 more joomla websites running on it, and there's no issues.
I'm out of ideas.... help and ideas are really needed, because probably this is something really simple but i'm simply not seeing it.

The site is: www.reparacaomobile.pt
Please find attached the printscreen with some of the errors, the PHP config, and resource monitor of plesk.

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

"virtuemart latest version" is not helpful. What is the version number?

Currently VM4.0.7.10701 is being tested (not recommended for a live site, yet).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kilombo

Milbo

Hmm, strange. Did you revert your page? It would be very good to know, how this version works for you https://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1332/com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10714_package_or_extract.zip

Does it solve the problem? A normal frontpage load is less than 50 MB, btw. Just the invoices and some special functions need more, for example 256 MB. Just to explain how much memory is somehow consumed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member