News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category Title Issue

Started by ShafanHameed, May 21, 2021, 12:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShafanHameed

Hi, First of all my apologies if its being asked. I tried to find it in form but couldn't get any solution.
I am having an issue in category title while using '&' in the title. It is showing sum numbers like $#3B; instead of &.
The actual title is
<title>Computer & IT</title>

But it is showing title like this
<title>Computer &amp;#38; IT</title>

how can i solve this issue ?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jörgen

I think this is a very old and resolved issue.

What VM, Joomla and PHP version ?

What template are You using ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

I just tested this in VirtueMart 3.8.9 10473 with VMBeez template. Ampersands in category titles displayed correctly.
eg Fish & chips  ( <hi>Fish & chips</h1> )

I do remember an old version (years ago) where & did not always work but &amp did display as &. That was obviously fixed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ShafanHameed

HI, i am using
Joomla 3.9.26
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472
Php 7.3.27
Template "Its a custom build template but template is not the problem as it is tested in both Protostar & Beez3. Same issue in both templates as well".

Jörgen

Please be sure that you have turned off ALL template overrides, css changes and also any plugins that manipulate the html.

What administrator template are you using in backend ?

If You say that you are not using overrides, then there must be something wrong with your character set in database. It works for everyone else.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ShafanHameed

Well i am using overrides for virtuemart but just for the Css and positioning purpose nothing else like i have added bootstrap grid and change the positions required according to the design and then placed the VM codes to those positions.