News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart Categories Module - Links seem incorrect

Started by anthony, May 17, 2021, 06:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

When I navigate to a virtuemart category using the VM Category module instead of using a joomla menu item in a normal menu, the URL, page title and browser title are different - the VM Module links seem incorrect.

The URLs are different. For example:
Joomla Menu Link: /products/fallspro.html
VM Cat Module: /products/fall-prevention/fallspro.html

"FallsPro" is a top level category, as is "Fall Prevention", so the joomla link is correct. The VM Cat Module unnecessarily adds "fall-prevention" to the "FallsPro" URL when it shouldnt be there.

It's not like this for all vm cat module links, just 2/10 display this behaviour.

Joomla & VM are both the latest version.

Has me stumped. Any ideas?
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.

anthony

Just noticed, it's not just the VM Category module - the error is also present when clicking on the standard category link in the body of the page.

https://www.cura1.com/products/activecare.html

So I suspect its not fault of module but of the categories themselves, somehow ... yet Joomla gets it - no probs with joomla links.

The categories were reorganised last week. I'm guessing that the process of moving them around may have been the cause of the issue but I've deleted cache 1000s of times in joomla and web host, rebuilt menu links ...
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.