News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show products based on specific custom fields?

Started by EvanGR, April 13, 2021, 14:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

I want to show products which have specific custom fields value, e.g.:

Show all products where color === "blue".

Is this possible to do from the template/product page, or category page?

Do I need to change the VM core files?

Thanks

Jörgen

Yes there are extensions for filtered search. Breakdesigns has a custom filter.

No core files need to be modified.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

Or you can use our VirtueMart product Extended, where is option show all products with the same customfiled ID
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

EvanGR

Thanks,

I actually want to include these products in existing product/category page, not access them via a search link (like the extensions you mentioned, which we own as well).
So I would definitely need to get my hands dirty in VM code.

pinochico

Quotenot access them via a search link (like the extensions you mentioned, which we own as well).

Which search link do you mean?

Oh man, I add this only one module in admin to product detail by advanced module from regular labs into position in template, not use search link  ;D
But definitelly, you can change core code VM too :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

balai

QuoteI actually want to include these products in existing product/category page, not access them via a search link (like the extensions you mentioned, which we own as well).

I think that you can create a new view in Custom Filters, to export the products in json or xml format.
It will require some coding but it is pretty straightforward. All the dirty job is done by Custom Filters and you just dictate the results format.