News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email for each order status

Started by TAIWAR, January 20, 2021, 13:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAIWAR

VM 3

Hello,It is possible to create for each order status a custom email ?
Example
sent : custom email ?
pick up : custom email ?

Thank you

Regards,

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

StefanSTS

You can take the language variable for the statusname and use it to make a language string by adding something like _MSG to it.

Then you get something like:
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_PENDING_MSG
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER_MSG
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_MSG

For this you can add Joomla language overrides.

The code can be added in mail_html_shopper.php:

if (!empty($this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_status_name)) {
$statusname = $this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_status_name;
}
$statusmessage = $statusname . '_MSG';

Just echo that in the same file after the part that says COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME.

<?php echo vmText::_($statusmessage); ?>

Hope it helps.
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

TAIWAR

thank you
@pinochico I sent you private message
@StefanSTS If I had understand, If I want to use for each order statut

I have to create in the language.ini file the variant like_MSG "COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_PENDING_MSG
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER_MSG
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_MSG"

Sorry I can't find the folder for the file "mail_html_shopper.php" ?

In which file I shoud custom the emails ?
Thank you.

regards

StefanSTS

The file can be found here:
/components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_shopper.php

It would be good to make an override in your template for it.
So copying that file to:
/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/invoice/mail_html_shopper.php

Here you can edit that file and it shoud be taken instead of the core file which would be updated to the latest core version on VM update.

Language Overrides in Joomla can be easily done via the Joomla language override feature.
Find it in the Joomla menu -> Extensions -> Languages -> Overrides. Add it for administrator and use the checkbox "both", so it works for Frontend and Backend. This is important.

STS
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

pinochico

XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

StefanSTS

By the way, because I sell my own email layouts, I also tested the email manager by VirtuePlanet.
I would recommend it for users that just want to have a component in the backend that does all the work in one place.
It got everything for VirtueMart and Joomla emails that someone would want to have.

I don't have a direct link, but you find VP Email Manager on virtueplanet.com in the extensions section.

STS
--
Stefan Schumacher

pinochico

Btw.

Virtuemart Mailing Manager Pro is 100% better, I know, we use on 32 shops and created some new functions and we tryied VP.
But maybe you know as the old name VM Emails Manager Plus? :)

Jumbo!

Quote from: pinochico on January 20, 2021, 23:31:09 PM
Btw.

Virtuemart Mailing Manager Pro is 100% better, I know, we use on 32 shops and created some new functions and we tryied VP.
But maybe you know as the old name VM Emails Manager Plus? :)

VP Email Manager (https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager) was officially released only last night. Can you explain how did you test it? I understand Stefan's verdict since he was one of the beta testers of the extension.

By the way, I see that Virtuemart Mailing Manager Pro (forked version of old VM Emails Manager Plus) still needs a core VirtueMart hack which is never ideal for any sites.

pinochico

BTW

VP Email Manager (https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager) was officially released only last night.

Definitelly. I see this app before 1/2 year in extesion list, see documentation and know about this.  And yes, last night I check demo and check options.

Quotestill needs a core VirtueMart hack which is never ideal for any sites.

Sure, one file is changed after instalation automatically - shopfunction.php or you can edit manually. But now our 32 shop have a lot of new option and we need this oprtion for automatically sending email after order or change status order.
Sure, we changed a lot of core VM files for Pro shop, because in VM standard we don't use VM function as well (model product, user,....). And upgrade is very easy, we working with gitlab and brachnes.
Im happy, then I can use this app from 2012 still.

But definitelly your app is light alternative for templating emails, I'm sure, but without a lot of functions and option in this time.
I'm sure you will to upgrade, the same as we created upgrade and added new function (folow-up, waiting list, tracking URL of shipping order, repeteable payment URL in email...) what we need for pro shop.

Jumbo!

Quote from: pinochico on January 21, 2021, 09:51:13 AM
Definitelly. I see this app before 1/2 year in extesion list, see documentation and know about this.  And yes, last night I check demo and check options.

Do not know how you could see the extension in extension list when I developed and released it just yesterday. Which extension list do you mean? We would love to know.

The demo site was not up till the morning. It was put live just few hours ago.

Sure, one file is changed after instalation automatically - shopfunction.php or you can edit manually.

Being as a Joomla and VirtueMart developer for over a decade I will never recommend any such hacks to anyone. I know quite a few users of VM Emails Manager Plus faced huge problems after each VirtueMart updates. Hacks are never a wise decision, no matter how it is deployed.

StefanSTS

Quote from: pinochico on January 20, 2021, 23:31:09 PM
Virtuemart Mailing Manager Pro is 100% better, ... we tryied VP.

I was simply giving an alternative to the minijoomla mail extension.
I did not offer my opinion which one is better.

I can offer my thoughts on VirtuePlanet extensions:
With VirtuePlanet extensions and templates I always know they are coded by someone who does the work from scratch.
The extensions are very reliable and follow the Joomla and VirtueMart coding style.
If any issues or requests arise I always get a competent answer, solution or even a new feature.
So I am a happy customer for years.

Since VirtuePlanet has a relatively small number of extensions, but well sorted, I know that they have the time to maintain them properly.

And to be said. VirtuePlanet can be seen as a direct competitor to my own commercial email layouts, if it comes to the email manager. Still I am happy to say their email manager is a very good solution for most cases.

Regarding the minijoomla mail extension I can definitely say that I would never install an extension that alters a VirtueMart core file.
That kind of practice was breaking shops for years.

Just my 2 cent
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

sirius

BTW

VP Email Manager (https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager) was officially released only last night.

Perhaps pinochico confuses about the old:
Interamind VM Email Manager Pro ?
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

Jumbo!

Quote from: sirius on January 21, 2021, 16:50:53 PM
BTW

Perhaps pinochico confuses about the old:
Interamind VM Email Manager Pro ?

No, it can not be because his "Virtuemart Mailing Manager Pro" is just a forked version of the old "Interamind Email Manager Plus". The same old extension with a different name.

TAIWAR

Hello thank you everybody for your comment.
I haven't test yet from minijoomla extension for the email but For the extension in virtuemartplanet it seems not easy for users like me that have not enough experience in the php or css code...it is possible to have an edit form that we can write the text in the email and add the variable to use from virtuemart?
Thank you