News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

account creation mail for client doesn't work in 3.8.6

Started by pcsimple26420, November 21, 2020, 13:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcsimple26420

Hello the link included in the mail for a client  to  validate his account send to a 403 error page.
The client appears  in the joomla user list  but the administrator never receive the mail to validate the client account.
This was working until the update to 3.8.6.
Thanks

pinochico

You are not sending information that lets you know where the error is.
Send them - admin - menu users - button options - setup creating user
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pcsimple26420

Hello
i have stay in 3.8.4 because this error only appear whith the 3.8.6 update.
I have noticed that in 3.8.6 when a user create an account in the frontend he received a mail with a link to validate his account.
This mail contain a link :
https://yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_users&task=registration.activate&token=2435958d471a76d7e9e3d3031c9211ee&lang=fr&Itemid=121
but this link go to a 403 error page.
Due to this error the account is not validated and the administrator doesn't received the second mail to validate the new user.
If the administrator look in the backend in the users page of Joomla or in the clients page of Virtuemart he will see that a user create an account but this account is blocked and need to be unblocked and validated manually...
Sorry for my poor english i am french but i hope my explanation to be clear.
Thanks.

pcsimple26420

pinochico

Really your customers if you want buy on shop must waiting for confirm registration?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Quote from: pinochico on November 22, 2020, 18:33:15 PM
Really your customers if you want buy on shop must waiting for confirm registration?

Assuming this is a normally set up shop the customer will have been registered as a shopper in VM and will appear on the shopper list, they can make purchases etc. They are just not registered in Joomla.

And I agree, asking for registration and then wanting the shopper to wait for email is a really good way to lose sales.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pcsimple26420

Hello yes it's a private store.
Only validated users can make an order so i need it to work as in 3.8.4
In 3.8.6 it's not working properly and it's a new bug sorry to insist...

pinochico

is ItemID correct?
is from menu item for VM User registration or item for VM category?

pcsimple26420

user ID is always the same 121 but even in working version.
It' in VM registration.

pinochico

ItemId in URL is ItemID for menu not User ID, are you sure?

DadoO

Hi All

I have exactly the same problems

After the upgrade, customers could'nt activated our account, and they received an 403 error page when they click on the email received

I have seen on Users, and effectively, a red cross is on ACTIV,
It's a big problem for I have lost 5 customers this day !
I'm sure for  I have a call this morning about

I have no problem with my web site

PHP exécuté sur    Linux ns3049008.ip-151-80-26.eu 3.14.32-xxxx-std-ipv6-64 #7 SMP Wed Jan 27 18:35:08 CET 2016 x86_64
Type de la base de données    mysql
Version de la base de données    5.5.5-10.0.38-MariaDB-0+deb8u1
Interclassement de la base de données    utf8_general_ci
Collation de la connexion à la base de données    utf8mb4_general_ci
Version de PHP    7.3.11
Serveur web    Apache
Serveur web pour interface PHP    fpm-fcgi
Version de Joomla    Joomla! 3.9.23 Stable [ Amani ] 24-November-2020 15:00 GMT
Version de la plateforme Joomla!    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

An idea about for the old version of virtue don't create this big enormous problem !

jenkinhill

Try turning off VM SEO and test again.

The failed registration is for Joomla only. In any case, the customer will automatically be registered as shopper in VM so can complete a purchase.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DadoO

Seo don't be the problem

Another Thing .... DUAL CAPTCHA ..... Wonderfull ......

Pffff

What's happened ..... On my local server, I have replace the old version, and working fine

Must I do the same for my server prod ?

jenkinhill

Stan from Rupostel is working on the double ReCatcha  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=145854.0

The hidden ReCaptcha (type 3) works just fine.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

sirius

Ok jenkinhill,

so my topic is related to this for sure.

there's definitely a bug in VM3.8.6 registration
(no longer checking the joomla user account activation parameters? nor activation state?  ???)

this should work normally, otherwise we would choose account creation without activation in the user settings of joomla.
If we choose to create an account with activation, that's up to us. IMHO

Quote from: sirius on November 25, 2020, 17:08:18 PM
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange behaviour of VM since I upgraded to 3.8.6 (from 3.8.4)

Same settings but Recaptcha disabled in vm settings for test registrations.

Here is the problem:
A user registers, everything goes well but the activation link is useless, because on his Virtuemart profile we can see that his account is already activated (blocked is on "no").
On the other hand, the account on the joomla user side, the account is active, but not activated, since the link seems to be nullified by virtuemart.

Test carried out on two different sites under VM 3.8.6: same result.
Test carried out on a site without Virtuemart: Normal behavior the joomla user account is blocked as long as the activation link is not clicked.

Do you see the same behavior?
Thanks in advance

Seems fixed by GJC
see : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=146092.msg519513#msg519513
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777