News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How can I stop products from being "Booked/Ordered"?

Started by mailblade, July 24, 2019, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailblade

Hello! My first time in a long time posting   :D

If someone knows how to stop an item from being "Booked/Ordered", I would appreciate if a person with this knowledge could assist me.

Firstly, how does an item get booked or ordered? I think it is when a user adds to the cart and then logs out without finishing the order? Am I right in this?

Secondly, how do I stop this from happening?

I had a scenario where one user ordered more than balance available for their store and their value was in the negative. When I investigated I found out it is because this item was "Booked/Ordered" and I am sure this had an impact with the negative value since he only had 5 in stock, but somehow ordered 10.

So basically, I just need to disable this "Booked/Ordered" feature for ALL products, new and old ones.

Jörgen

A product gets booked when the customer finishes an order with pending or confirmed. Just putting the product in the cart does not book the product.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mailblade

Thank you for your reply. I will see what I can do.

StefanSTS

Check the order status section. Every order status can set, if the product is "available", "reserved" or "removed from stock".

Please also check what is set in VirtueMart Configuration -> Action when a Product is Out of Stock.

Might be good to know which J/VM/other versions you are using. Jenkinhill wrote a long article about that if you want to search for that.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.