News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping by Rules

Started by marvays, April 16, 2019, 04:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hi. I have a traffic calculation by weight. Fot it I use plugin from open tools. Today its free.
But I need to modify it so that when the cart is only from certain manufacturers, delivery will be free. Can you help me?

Name=do 35kg; 35>Weight; 1>MaxLength; Shipping=165.2892561983471 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34
Name=nad 35kg; 35<=Weight<250; 1>MaxLength; Shipping=619.8347107438017 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34
Name=nad 250kg; 250<=Weight; 1>MaxLength; Shipping=826.4462809917355 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34
Name=Paletová přeprava; 50<=Weight<250; 1<=MaxLength; Shipping=619.8347107438017 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34
Name=Paletová přeprava; 50>Weight; 1<=MaxLength; Shipping=619.8347107438017 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34
Name=Paletová přeprava; 250<=Weight; 1<=MaxLength; Shipping=826.4462809917355 **// not for manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34

**// manufacturers id, 28, 6, 37, 34 must have free delivery

I tried to use a sample from the FAQ:
Name=Free Delivery; Condition=contains_only(Manufacturers, 7,17,81); Shipping=0

But all time i have error about contains_only :(
Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'contains_only(Manufacturers, 6,28,37,34)'.

Three days I try. I do everything exactly as instructed. The result is always the same. I'm mad now :( Please help.

marvays

it's strange, but nothing works at all! trying to use pointed out FAQ and don't work. each shows an error message.

I put one of the goods in category 28 into my cart.
I'll use the following example:
Name="Free shipping of Books only"; Categories==list(28); Shipping=0

NOT WORK. ASI WILL PROBLEM SOMEONE ALSO. POSSIBLE BETWEEN COMPUTER AND CHAIRS :)

AH

This plugin is no longer supported - as you must be aware.

Try a paid for shipping plugin - this is not the forum for that plugin product.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marvays

Quote from: AH on April 16, 2019, 10:37:13 AM
this is not the forum for that plugin product.
I understand it correctly. It's a competition. Therefore this is not a forum for this plugin :)

AH

It has nothing to do with competition.

Plugins enhance the ecommerce offering and are necessary to meet the varied needs of businesses using VM at the core of their solution.

What I AM saying is that plugins from third party developers are supported by those developers - requests for help on this forum for third party plugins would massively clog up this forum.

The plugin you have now chosen to use has clearly been labelled as free and without support by the developer.   This forum is not the place to create a new support forum for those "orphaned" plugins.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

marvays

Sorry. I did not understand the essence of the existence of this forum. I thought it was a discussion site for the VM community where I can ask or give advice. I didn't know it was official support for Virtuemart.

The reason that the plugin is now free and without support I came here to talk about it with people who use it and have solved a similar problem.

If there is someone like that. . . I have a solution. Beware of different versions. You must download the Advanced version.

AH

Thanks for the clarification regarding the version
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

AH, actually I see it as Marvin and think it is the correct place. We have a section for normal plugins, why we should not talk here about the orphaned ones of open tools. I anyway consider to add "shipment by rules advanced" to the core.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Typhoon365

Marvays,
  Have you tried the rule without the "Condition=" ? On the rules that we have used in our shop, we've never had to put "Condition=" but we haven't used the contains_only clause so it could be different. 
  In the documentation, it seems to have examples with and without it.

Try:
Name=Free Delivery; contains_only(Manufacturers, 7,17,81); Shipping=0

Name=Flat rate (high); contains_any(Categories, 123, 124, 125); Shipping=75
Name=Standard rate (weight-based); contains_any(Categories, 150, 151); Shipping=Weight*2

Milbo,
You have a vote from us for it to be included as part of the core. This is the most flexible shipping plug-in that we have used and we would struggle to implement the same shipping rules with any other plug-in. We would love for you to incorporate it as part of the the core or otherwise hopefully another developer can take over the plug-in so it's life can continue.

AH

QuoteAH, actually I see it as Marvin and think it is the correct place. We have a section for normal plugins, why we should not talk here about the orphaned ones of open tools. I anyway consider to add "shipment by rules advanced" to the core.

It is for consistency

When we find a question that is not related to a VM issue for a third party plugin, we mostly tell the user to go the the forum for the plugin for help.

If we just randomly give or not give support here in this VM forum, why bother to randomly tell any of the others to go elsewhere.

open-tools.net plugins are no longer supported and this is not the place IMHO to provide ongoing support unless someone takes one or some of them on and keeps them relevant.

Reinhold no longer supports his plugins - they will age and will need to be updated - if you use one be prepared to either support it or expect for things to not work at some point.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

2cool

Guess many still use this because it's plain and simple. Please make this VM core!

I do have an issue after upgrade to php7.3

Unknown variable 'Amount' in rule 'Amount=100'
Syntax error during evaluation, RPN is not well formed! (Full rule: '=Amount')
Unknown error occurred during evaluation of rule '=Amount'.
Outstack:

Array
(

=> Amount
    [1] => =
    )

Assignments are not allowed inside expressions (rule given was '=Amount')
    Unknown variable 'Amount' in rule 'Amount=200'

I noticed some customers don't see right options in cart.
    How can this be fixed?

Joomla 3.9.13 vm3.6.8 php 7.3

Looks like something similar like "Condition" ?

If anyone knows how to fix...big thank you!

AH

QuotePlease make this VM core!

That is very unlikely - you could always pay a developer to fix the plugin for you
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

2cool

Not anymore as you posted yourself ;)
But as Milbo replied;"I anyway consider to add "shipment by rules advanced" to the core."

Regards,
Pas

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum