News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Removing country selector

Started by icetrikes, September 20, 2018, 18:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icetrikes

I've run into a problem, only partially of my own making.

I got an extension to set currency based on IP.  It had a problem and the developer fixed it.

I asked the developer about adding country to the list of things his extension could set by IP.  I don't think he actually understand what I wanted.   When I came back to work on Monday, he had set up an odd tax calculation rule, and a country selector had appeared at the bottom of the cart.

I've removed the rule, but the cart still has the country selector, and he swears that he didn't put it there.   It stops the cart from working properly, as it seems to override the country for any logged in shopper (you can't check out until the country is set in the selector, and with no country set, VM can't work out the shipping).

I can't figure out how to remove/shut off the selector.  I don't know if it is a plugin, or part of the VM code, or related to the template (Horme3 Pro).  It's not his extension; I've unpublished that and the selector is still there.  As a last resort, I could restore a backup from last week, but would have to re-do all the work done since then.

Could someone have a look and tell me how to get rid of this selector, or at least give me a clue where to look?  The site is www.icetrikes.co/buy-online (the shop is live, but hidden); you'd need to put something in the cart, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the cart to find the selector (it's in between the Terms of service and the checkout button).

Cheers

John

Joomla version:  3.8.10   PHP version: 5.6.38    Virtuemart Version: 3.2.14

Jörgen

You seem to have issues with a system plugin: netbase_virtuemart_currencies.
Deactivate and see what happens.
Jörgen@ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

icetrikes

Hi Jörgen

I've disabled it, but the country selector is still there. 

This is the plugin that I got to set the currency by IP address.

Is it worth trying to uninstall it?

Cheers

John

icetrikes

I've uninstalled the plugin completely, but the country selector is still there.

Cheers

John

Jörgen

The errors from netbase_virtuemart_currencies ae gone, but You have issues with add to cart the first time i could not load into cart.

You have both icetrikes.co and www.icetrikes.co

Set Your .htaccess so that only one of them is used, does not matter which.

The country selector seems to be a user field search your user fields not custom fields and inactivate this.

regards

Jörgen @ kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

icetrikes

You are a star!

I found a field called virtuemart_country_id under Configuration/Shopper Fields.  It had been set to 'Show in cart form'.  I unchecked this, the country selector disappeared,  and the cart works properly again.

I will look for another automatic currency selector, this one is causing too many problems.

I will also look into setting the domain in .htaccess.  I've only done a redirect once, on a Windows server with IIS; it'll be an adventure.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

John

Jörgen

There are plenty of examples in the forum and on the internet for this. Regex expressions are kind of hard to wrap your head around in 5 minutes. Good luck.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x