News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Wrong URLs on multilingual site

Started by agps, March 19, 2018, 15:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agps

Hi,

I have Joomla 3.7.5 and Virtuemart 3.0.8 and four languages installed.

The URLs of the product categories and products are in Russian and not in the selected language (I have installed English, Greek, Russian and German). For example .../en/проSPAMукция/пиво.html instead of .../en/production/beer.html

Any help?

Studio 42

Please update Vm and Joomla, perhaps it's solved since.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

agps

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 19, 2018, 21:47:35 PM

I updated to the latest versions and now the URLs are in German instead of Russian :(

I think the problem is in route.php. Can I manually edit the URLs in a MySQL table?

Studio 42

Have you enabled the Joomla core language filter ?
Do you use a cache?

agps

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 20, 2018, 13:08:12 PM
Have you enabled the Joomla core language filter ?
Do you use a cache?

Hi,

The System - Language Filter is enabled and everything works fine except the URLs in Greek and Russian. In German and English the URLs are correct.

System cache is OFF.

Thanks!

Studio 42

If you use standard char (english) for Greek and Russian, does it work ?
Perhaps that /проSPAMукция/пиво is not valid and make router fail.
Perhaps try to change the Joomla config setting "Alias Unicode" or try to modify in Virtuemart config SEF settings > Transliterate slugs

Milbo

Quote from: agps on March 20, 2018, 08:00:41 AM
Quote from: Studio 42 on March 19, 2018, 21:47:35 PM

I updated to the latest versions and now the URLs are in German instead of Russian :(

I think the problem is in route.php. Can I manually edit the URLs in a MySQL table?

Sounds like mixed up tables. First idea, set your main shop language explicit. Another idea, check if your language tables are actually filled with the right language. Maybe your russian tables are filled with german content and viceversa.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member