News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Some users can register without filling required fields

Started by alexanderflr, March 19, 2018, 13:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexanderflr

Hi,

I don't know how, but I have new user registrations on the website and they can register without required fields, just with username, email address and password. Doesn't happen too often but in the last week I had about 5 registrations like this.

And when this happens, also the email that comes to the administrator is different like below:

QuoteSubject: Account Details for XXX at Company Name Ltd

A new user 'XXX', username 'XXX', has registered at https://www.theadressofmywebsite.co.uk/.

instead of

QuoteSubject: A new shopper XXX@XXX.com registered  at your shop Company Name Ltd
The new shopper registration data
Username : xxx@XXX.com
Displayed name: : XXX XXXX

Entered address
E-Mail: xxx@XXX.com
Displayed Name: XXX XXXX
Company Name: XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Title: Mr
First Name: XXX
Last Name: XXXX
Address 1: Unit 7
Address 2: XXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX
City: Wednesbury
Post Code: XXXX XXX
Mobile phone: XXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm using VirtueMart 3.2.12, Joomla! 3.8.6 Stable, PHP Version 7.0.27

I tried to reproduce how they are registering, but I cannot register wrong like some of the users are doing. Tried with IE, Mozilla, Chrome, all the fields are there, and without filling a required field you cannot register. Please if you have any idea how some of them are registering in another way so I can have a look into. I also don't have any idea how they can put username, as the username is the email address. Thank you very much!
VM 3.2.8, Joomla 3.8.3, PHP 7.0.26

Jörgen

Hello I am not 100 % sure, but I Think this is a direct regsistration from a robot using the Joomla login module. Then You get none of the VM fields filled in. Disabling the standard Joomla login module should stop this.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

alexanderflr

Thank you very much Jorgen, I have disabled Joomla login module so hopefully this will solve the problem, cannot test unfortunately because I cannot find the link that redirected to Joomla registration... I will wait and see if this happens again.
Meantime if any other ideas, will be much appreciated.
Thanks!  8)

alexanderflr

Hi,
Tried this but didn't work, I had one more user like that  :'(