News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

virtuemart only for login users

Started by jankoo, January 28, 2017, 12:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jankoo

hi,

i have a simple question and hope there is a simple solution :)

i have complete store setup, with categories, products, payments etc.. all is nice working.
but now i want to make this all accessible ONLY for login users. i want to have on page for public only the login form and they dont see anything without login.
i know i can restrict direct parts with showing menu restrictions.. but all the products, categories and other vm content will be visible trough direct urls...

i cant see anywhere in the VM access level restrictions.. not in categories, not in products.. not in general settings..

how i can do this?

thanks

jenkinhill

It's Joomla! So you set ACL as you wish under Joomla Global Confifguration, which amongst others includes Category access, set menus to VM pages to Registered access and the same with those VM modules you wish to keep private.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

and set the checkout for registered only
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jankoo

hi.
im sorry but i dont understand what you mean. in ACL i cant find anywhere restricted options for public views products or categories..

there are only options for admin related settings.. and also, for public there are all Not allowed.. you can see what i got in attachment..

can you please let me know what you was mean by that acl setting for categories? where i can find it or how to setup?

no matter what all i restricted only to registered, if you put direct url of the product, the VM will show it - http://www.velkoobchod.hudiny.sk/gsm-komunikator-s-internetovym-nastavenim.html

i have:
- menu item to vm homepage only to registered
- menu item to cart only to registered
- all menu items to vm categories only to registered
- all modules about vm only to registered
- show prices only to registered (3rd party component)
- add to cart button only to registered (3rd party component)
- only registered users can checkout

thanks