News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No Virtuemart update notification showing

Started by Danimeeka, April 20, 2016, 08:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimeeka

Hi,

My client has Joomla 3.5.1 and Virtuemart 3.0.8. I notice that although her installation of VM is several 'updates' behind, there is no notification that I can find on her VM screen that an update is available.  It is only in the 'News' section of the VM control panel that I could read that VM3.0.14 was available. (And once I get the go-ahead I will update her VM to the latest version.)

Should there be an obvious notification, as there was with VM 2? Am I just looking in the wrong place? I feel I can hardly lecture her about the importance of keeping her system up to date if she doesn't have any notification on her screen that an update is available.

Thanks.

Ghost

VM now supports Joomla extensions updater (Extensions -> Manage -> Update).

GJC Web Design

clearing the cache and find updates in the Joomla updater will show u this
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Quote from: Danimeeka on April 20, 2016, 08:41:56 AM
I feel I can hardly lecture her about the importance of keeping her system up to date if she doesn't have any notification on her screen that an update is available.

You should certainly lecture her about testing updates first! Updating Joomla to 3.5.1 will have broken checkout on VM3.0.8.........
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum