News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Change Page Title for Individual Manufacturer

Started by betterlead, March 21, 2016, 19:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betterlead

I have received a SEO report of my site and it says I should worry about the Manufacturer page's titles. Manufacturer Sef Alias I can of course play with, but what about the Page Title?
Is there any way? Is it in some way depending on the menu item?

I am rather ignorant regarding advanced coding... Simpler thing I might manage...

Cheers
/Betterlead

My site: http://livingstudio.se

I should perhaps add, I use VMuikit extension and the middle step to the manufacturer details page is skipped. Or one could say, merged, with the product list of the manufacturer. Also, the possibility of adding meta description here, would be good.

Btw, would it be an option to construct the manufacturer pages incl their products as product categories?
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

Studio 42

Hi,
VM already use in manufacturer page
$document->setTitle(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_MANUFACTURER_DETAILS').' '.strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_name));
So what is your page having this problem ?

betterlead

A title of a Manufacturer Page could, for better SEO, contain more information than just the Brand name. A short description in it.
And as I wrote, it would also help if one could fit in a Meta Description too.

kratzi

Hi,

yes true.

You can not set a manufacturer title nor a manufacturer meta description to a manufacturer.

I am also looking for a solution for that. At the moment the manufacturer title is 'Home- "Brand" ' so basically not saying anything.
And no possibility to set a meta description at all.

Hope someone knows a solution for this...

Regards
Kratzi

VM 3.4.8 J 3.0.12

Studio 42

You can use this code
$document->setTitle(strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_name));
Or any other field in your template overides

kratzi

Thank you Studio42. Could you please assist me a little more.

What would be the proper code to implement f.e. manufacturer url as title and manufacturer description as meta description.

Thank you

kratzi

Studio 42

$document->setTitle(strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_url));  for url
$document->setDescription(strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_desc));  for description
$manufacturer->mf_mail for meta description is perhaps a beter choice ? I never use mf emails and now validation fitler are applied for this, so it work good for meta description(but is a limited in size).

And yes, i think some fields are missing in manufacturer, this can be quick done, but need that team want add the missing field.

kratzi

Hi unfortunately I still have no luck with this.

I have updated the code in components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/view.html.php

Is this file correct for this purpose. When I override line 59 and 76 with $document->setTitle(strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_url));
VM will still not show the URL field as title.

Thank you

kratzi

Studio 42

Check if you have an override in your template.

kratzi

Is components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/view.html.php the correct file to do the changes in.

How could I possibly have an override of this file?

Studio 42

DO NOT MODIFY IT
Quote from: kratzi on May 14, 2016, 17:52:35 PM
Is components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/view.html.php the correct file to do the changes in.

How could I possibly have an override of this file?

BUt at this in your components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/tmpl/XXX.php file or best overide the file you need to change in your template

Milbo

Please test the last version http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1005/com_virtuemart.3.0.17_extract_first.zip

There is the feature to set a title for manufacturers, maybe that helps you already.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

betterlead

Quote from: Milbo on May 31, 2016, 10:56:26 AM
Please test the last version http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1005/com_virtuemart.3.0.17_extract_first.zip

There is the feature to set a title for manufacturers, maybe that helps you already.

Sorry, still not working. But as I wrote to you before and tested, nope.
Anyway, I now use the splendid extension EFSEO by Viktor @ Kubik-Rubik.
https://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/efseo-easy-frontend-seo

Cheers
/Dodo

Studio 42

QuoteAnyway, I now use the splendid extension EFSEO by Viktor @ Kubik-Rubik.
Check that such plugin not slowdown to many your website and that it's really needed. you can loose some seconds on using to many (system and content) plugins