Change Page Title for Individual Manufacturer

Started by betterlead, March 21, 2016, 19:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betterlead

Hi,
I didn't think of that, at all. Have to check. Inspect page and "Network" tab?

Thanks
/D
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

Jumbo!

If you are referring to individual manufacturer details page then it already does the same.

You can also see the codes in - components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/view.html.php

At line number 59

$document->setTitle(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_MANUFACTURER_DETAILS').' '.strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_name));

betterlead

Hi Jumbo
Thanks

No, I want to give every product Details Page its own specific Page Title. I have noticed, that it's most important to have a good "SEO:ized" site. It really gives good result in Google ranking. Slowly (Well actually faster than I thought) all my products are getting higher ranking after giving them more "personal" page titles. Viktor's EFSEO tool makes that job easier than doing it other was. So far, as I know. But on the other hand, I don't know very much.. ;)

Edit: Sorry. This thread is a bit old and I didn't remember, before checking, what I was asking for initially. Weird. So many balls in the air right now...
I elaborated too much.

Studio 42

Thread is interesting, i had another problem, i needed to order manufacture by name(artist), but name is first name+Last name and i use Last Name+First Name for the list order.
So i used email field for ordering to display the list.
So yes, i agree with you that adding some fields in manufacturer  can be useful for some shops(music,video,photo,books...).

Milbo

I wonder if it makes sense to be able to setup the title by values like {Manufactuer_name}{product_name}. Configurable by the Itemid. I know that some set the titel in the layout themself.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: Jumbo! on June 01, 2016, 17:14:40 PM
If you are referring to individual manufacturer details page then it already does the same.

You can also see the codes in - components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/view.html.php

At line number 59

$document->setTitle(vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_MANUFACTURER_DETAILS').' '.strip_tags($manufacturer->mf_name));

Btw, payed by membership, the manufacturer metatags
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

Quote from: Milbo on June 01, 2016, 21:51:58 PM
Quote from: Jumbo! on June 01, 2016, 17:14:40 PM

At line number 59

Btw, payed by membership, the manufacturer metatags
By me? ;)

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Milbo

Ehrm, yes (I know you by your other name). I wondered that you did not kick me again per skype. But I did not understand that you meant it for productdetails. My idea above would work then for any page titles, which use this code mentioned by Jumbo. So you would just enter in the productdetails your title, or hmm a common vm config would be enough, or?

betterlead

Mea culpa. I was not clear enough... Yeah, mainly I was asking for the possibility to edit the <meta name="description" content=" and  <title>

betterlead

lindapowers

Quote from: betterlead on June 02, 2016, 23:35:44 PM
Screenshot explaining.

I don't know if you are talking about manufacturer or product details anymore,

That screenshot is not correct, the meta information is working perfectly for products, we use custom page title and meta description per product and they are showing in the code.

Studio 42

I think, he want meta tag  for manufacturer too

GJC Web Design

There is indeed some confusion as to what people are calling a manufacturers page.. I did some work for Kratzi on this and what he was calling a Man page is actually a normal cat page filtered by man id

e.g. index.php?Itemid=101&option=com_virtuemart&limitstart=0&limit=int&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=37&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0

the html title is pretty dismal on this page -- just the manu. title and no meta desc at all

used this as a work around .. after filling the Nan desc and email etc.. any combination could be used
code in the html\com_virtuemart\category\default.php

$jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input;
$virtuemart_manufacturer_id = $jinput->get('virtuemart_manufacturer_id');
if($virtuemart_manufacturer_id > 0){
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
$document->setTitle(strip_tags($this->products[0]->mf_name).' : '.strip_tags($this->products[0]->mf_email).' : '.strip_tags($this->products[0]->mf_desc));
$document->setDescription(strip_tags($this->products[0]->mf_email).' : '.strip_tags($this->products[0]->mf_desc));
}
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation