News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Writing Sold on items once they sell and leave them up on website for a set time

Started by bmw2182, July 10, 2015, 18:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmw2182

I am running Joomla 2.5.14 & Virtuemart 2.6.6

This is the deal I would like to know if there is anything we can do to leave the items that have sold up at the webpage with like a sold sticker on them for like a few weeks and then have them disappear??? I have sold a few things off line from the webpage and I can go in by hand and write sold in the short description and then take off the dimensions so they couldn't buy it again but is there any other cool way to put sold on stuff cause I like that other webpages leave some stuff up for a while with their items that have sold???

Studio 42

Hi,

I think the only possibility is to add a plugin or hack the core to check stock and last time the product was ordered.

My idea is :
check product stock<1 then check last time ordered> X days then unpublish. and redirect user.

For the sticker, this is easy. Check for current stock level. and display the sitcker.

For the sticker you have another core feature in vm config
Action when a Product is Out of Stock
and select Availability image
(this image have to be in config>General Assets URL)

Greets,
Patrick

bmw2182

Do you know if any plugins that might do this?  I'm a little nervous 'hacking' the code.  I do a little to remove wording etc...but I'm afraid with this I'd mess it up.  Thanks for the info!

Studio 42