News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Silent Registration

Started by subroutine6, May 22, 2015, 04:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subroutine6

It has been a while since I have used Virtuemart. I am not trying out the latest version 3 on Joomla 3, But in the checkout process there no longer seems to be a silent registration option. Is this correct or am I missing something? When I want to check out it forces me to a login page. I would like to be able to just fill out the address, payment, and shipping info make the payment then BAM, with a confirmation email (with registration info) sent to me after the fact. Is that not possible anymore with this new VM?

subroutine6

Running VM 3.0.9 on Joomla 3.4.1

jenkinhill

Just a case of settings, such as disabling "Only registered users can checkout" in config/Checkout, and unpublishing or making not required the shopper fields that are not needed. If using only guest checkout, which I usually do for my client sites, then I use template & some language overrides when necessary so the checkout makes sense, or use a commercial one page checkout extension.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum