News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Not receiving order e-mails - revised

Started by YZF, May 22, 2015, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZF

Hello,

We are using Virtuemart 3.0.2, and Joomla 3.3.6. PHP v 5.4.4, Apache, Inerface cgi-fcgi.

We have an issue with Paypal orders not sending emails to both Vendor and customers.  Customer receives receipt email  from Paypal, but no order confirmation from shopping cart and no email of order to Vendor.  Within Virtuemart, the order status is Confirmed. When charges are refunded via Paypal, Vendor receives a refund email.    (original post revised for further clarification)

The other payment gateway that I use works fine.  It sends email confirmations to customers and vendor.

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening are greatly appreciated.

jenkinhill

You should be using at least VM3.0.8 - http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/469-security-release-vm3-0-8

For emails ensure that orders are being set to confirmed by the payment plugins and that the right settings are used for "Default Order Status to send email to...."  in Configiration/Checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

YZF

Thank you for the response Kelvyn.

It looks like it is working with credit cards, but not with Paypal. We will investigate further.

mscruse

I'm having the same issue. Customer places order and pays successfully via PayPal.  VM Admin shows confirmed order, but not order email is send to vendor or customer (they receive their paypal generated receipt).

All other emails working.

Offline payment method works perfectly and VM send order emails to customer and vendor for this payment type.

Order emails to be sent on set status set correctly.

Joomal 3.4.1
VM 3.0.9

This site was upgraded from Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.9.

This seems to be a common issue yet no resolution for this high priority issue.

YZF

I just noticed this post from a couple weeks ago, but I didn't post the fix. We noticed that after we deleted the Paypal logo image, it worked fine. Although we have a nice image for Credit Cards via Moneris, we just have simple text for Paypal now.