News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Site css influences administrator template

Started by Zilvermeeuw, January 27, 2015, 09:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zilvermeeuw

Hi All,

I copied "components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/chosen.css" to my site template and made a lot of changes. My site looks good now.
But it changes also some views in the administrator part of Virtuemart. In Firefox I can see it calls the chosen.css from my site template (/templates/"name"/css/chosen.css), although I visit the administrator part.

Is there a mixup between the administrator template (I use isis) and the site template? I cannot find how and where the administrator template calls for the site "chosen.css".

Any ideas how to solve this?
If I never done it, I think I am able to do it.

jenkinhill

I suspect you should have left an original copy of chosen in its original location, and used an edited copy with your changes as a css override, like here:  http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/106-override-vmsite-ltr-css.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Zilvermeeuw

Hi Jenkinhill,

Yes, I have left the original at its location and using an edited copy as an override in my template.
In both the original and copy are no links to images. So the

I think it's weird to find an "site" css file in the "administrator" part.

By the way: I use Joomla 3.3.6 and VM 3.0.2

Any other ideas?

jenkinhill

VM uses 4 "frontend" css files for admin. It saves duplication!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Zilvermeeuw

Aaaha, now it is not weird anymore!

Now it's just a problem ;-)

So the admin uses the Joomla Override functions to search the chosen.css and finds my edited one in the "site" template.
Is there a way to use an "admin-only" override? I tried to put the original chosen.css in "/administrator/temlates/isis/css". But that is not working.

jenkinhill

I have never needed to edit chosen so have no experience if this, but for another (non-VM) component I hard coded a link to a specific FE css file I needed to use in the BE by adding the link just before the closing </head> on the admin template index.php - in this case it was for the Hathor template & the change was made for improved user visibility.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Zilvermeeuw