User registration/checkout at VM not displaying validation notification error

Started by sarathzac, January 03, 2015, 15:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarathzac

Hi All,

Happy new year and greetings to all

Actually we upgraded virtuemart 1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5  to VM 3.0.2 and Joomla 2.5.27 respectively.

After that Joomla registration working perfectly ,

In VM it is working fine for a new user with  a new email id and username, but if a user register  with an already  registered email id or username
            doesn't showing any error/notification string like username already exists and not storing any data to database also.
            (in joomla registration it shows error notification ) .

Kindly let me know how to  display error notification

Let me know how to debug the virtuemart. We enabled php debug but it doesn't showing any error.

Please help me.

Regards
Sarath Zacharia

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sarathzac

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

I added <jdoc:include type="message" /> in template index.php , then also message is not coming for users who are registering with already registered email and   
    username.

Without this code also I am getting message from virtuemart , like mail send to your email account or You are successfully registered or
    Please sign in to buy products  for a new user registration.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Regards
Sarath

sarathzac

Hi all,

In our site VM registration if a user is registering with a already registered username or email

checkout page not showing following messages

COM_USERS_PROFILE_USERNAME_MESSAGE = "The username entered is not available. Please choose another username."

COM_USERS_REGISTER_EMAIL1_MESSAGE = "The email address you entered is already in use or is invalid. Please select another email.

Please help me to solve this problem

Regards
Sarath Zacharia