News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM3 Stockable variants for Size + Color?

Started by rayge, January 01, 2015, 14:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GluckGroup

Has somebody figured out how to use the "Child Variant" to achive this?

"Milbo" mentioned it is possible!

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sandstorm

I am testing Balai's new plugin, but would also be very interested in how this can be done using just "Child variant" as suggested by Max
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

GluckGroup

Quote from: sandstorm on January 26, 2015, 13:03:43 PM
I am testing Balai's new plugin, but would also be very interested in how this can be done using just "Child variant" as suggested by Max

I'm also testing Balai's plugin but I would also like to know how it is possible to to achive this using the "Child variant"...  :P

escapezone

Hello everyone!

I tested Child variants and Generic Child variants and balai's plugin ... the only comment that i want to make for now is about the parent and children stock handle.

From VM 2xx i know this : when the parent product has 0 stock it takes the children's stock (correct me if i am wrong)

But as i can see at VM 3 When the parent product has 0 stock it doesn't take the children stock and it says "Notify me"

Why am i saying this ? Its simple, when you want to build a clothes store you want 2 things to build a product : 1) The parent product that will have the image, description, price and the childrens that would be the sizes (small, medium,large,xlarge)

Plz @Milbo i don't know if this a bug or if i am doing something wrong but look how the parents products was at VM2.xx and look how are they now at VM 3.xx

Thank you!

GJC Web Design

QuoteFrom VM 2xx i know this : when the parent product has 0 stock it takes the children's stock (correct me if i am wrong)

afaik in my experience VM2 parents always had to have a stock level > 0 - otherwise the children never displayed
And with the std. stockable variants plugin it took the parent stock for children - so was never accurate
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

VopoloS

What is the number to put in the parent item when you use your plugin? Tried your plugin in different settings, the results:

1. deducted from the warehouse (decrease inventory balance) the parent item, not a child!

2. In the cart does not transmit data subsidiary goods.

It seems to me that the plugin does not take into account the balance in stock of subsidiaries in general :)

balai

Quote from: SolopoV on February 02, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
What is the number to put in the parent item when you use your plugin? Tried your plugin in different settings, the results:

1. deducted from the warehouse (decrease inventory balance) the parent item, not a child!

It seems to me that the plugin does not take into account the balance in stock of subsidiaries in general :)

1. I think that this happens generaly with the parent products. It is not related with the plugin itself. So better put a high number of stock
2. What does this means? It does not add the child product to the cart? Does the child product loaded after you select custom fields?

VopoloS

Quote from: balai on February 02, 2015, 12:36:57 PM
Quote from: SolopoV on February 02, 2015, 12:14:03 PM

1. I think that this happens generaly with the parent products. It is not related with the plugin itself. So better put a high number of stock
2. What does this means? It does not add the child product to the cart? Does the child product loaded after you select custom fields?

1. Rather, it is a bug Virtuemart 3.0.2 ... Because, logically, if there are child items, the parent item in stock should be 0 pcs.
2. Child products are created with this plugin, but no more .. When ordering reduces the number of parent item, although the design is chosen child.

balai

I am not getting the 2nd point.
Can you describe it further or give me the url and let me know how to reproduce it?

VopoloS

RE:
" I am not getting the 2nd point.
Can you describe it further or give me the url and let me know how to reproduce it? "

Local video: https://yadi.sk/d/acf1pMCGeRGPy

sonickev

Quote from: balai on February 02, 2015, 13:54:21 PM
I am not getting the 2nd point.
Can you describe it further or give me the url and let me know how to reproduce it?

There are 2 specific issues here I think.

First, understand that there is a parent product that is generally not orderable in a clothes store. The children of that product are the orderable variants of the product.
So, with regard to maintaining stock, how many t-shirts (for example) that you have is not useful or relevant either to the customer or the supplier.
What is relevant is how many Red t-shirts in small, how many green t-shirts in medium and how many blue in x-large. You might have 30 t-shirts left in stock, but only in those colour and size combinations.

So, if the parent product has zero stock, the product is displayed as out of stock, despite the fact you have 30 t-shirts available.

If the parent product is set to a stock of 1, then it is then shown as 'in-stock'. But, if someone wants x-large t-shirt in Red, it is not in stock.

Therefore, the display of the parent product SHOULD show if there are any child products in stock, i.e. the sum of all child products, and its own stock is not relevant. This is probably a template issue rather than a plug-in issue, but I do not profess to know where it is best implemented.

Here's an example
http://elanvape.com/index.php/en/shop/liquids/eve-guava-e-liquid-detail
the parent product says 1 available and prompts to choose a variant

You can choose between strength at 0, 6 or 12 and size between 5 and 15
There are a total of 15 available, 5 of each

Milbo

Quote from: sandstorm on January 23, 2015, 15:01:44 PM
I tried to have a play with "Child variant" but I couldn't seem to figure it out to get the (multiple) variants showing for a product, that needs stock control.
Like T shirt with colours as an option and sizes as an other option.

If I am missing something please can someone help/advise?

Did you try the sample product? With the child variant, I can quite easily controll 50 different t-shirts in one view and it is shown as one product. You can have atm 5 rambification and theoretically a lot more.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: escapezone on January 26, 2015, 23:53:30 PM
Hello everyone!

I tested Child variants and Generic Child variants and balai's plugin ... the only comment that i want to make for now is about the parent and children stock handle.

From VM 2xx i know this : when the parent product has 0 stock it takes the children's stock (correct me if i am wrong)

But as i can see at VM 3 When the parent product has 0 stock it doesn't take the children stock and it says "Notify me"

Actually this is almost correct behaviour. It just interferes with the "notify me" option. There are options in the vm config to finetune this. So either you just disable the option
"Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button" and use "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock"

or "Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action". If you need the option "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button", then you must enter at the parent at least a 1.

Quote from: sonickev on February 03, 2015, 05:37:47 AM
First, understand that there is a parent product that is generally not orderable in a clothes store.
Yepp, and therefore the parent product, should have stocking 0 if not orderable . For the stock display the advantage in vm3 is that it even adds the stocking of the childs on the parent. So it IS a lot more exact now then before.

Actually I think none of you considered the different vm config options. The new child variants are very, very mighty.

There may be a small bug with the inventory, because I rewrote it and it should consider all arguments you wrote down here (in special the thoughts of sonickev). The child variant is also not done yet. The architecture allows it easily to extended it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

balai

Hi and thanks a lot for the feedback.
I am willing to make this work as good as possible and i am sure that Max can help in that direction as VM handles a big part of that

@SolopoV
Quote from: SolopoV on February 03, 2015, 05:37:47 AM
RE:
" I am not getting the 2nd point.
Can you describe it further or give me the url and let me know how to reproduce it? "

Local video: https://yadi.sk/d/acf1pMCGeRGPy

I think that the problem you describe is related with the template.
It seem that it does not load the child product after selecting a variant. This could happen either because of a js error or because the layout has not the corresponding css selectors where the ajax results should be loaded.

Check here a working example:
http://test2.ixnes.gr/index.php/front-page/default-products/new-product-1-detail
You can see that after selecting the variants, it loads a new product (The product name change)

@sonickev
I cannot see the drop-downs. I think that this is related with the classes we are using for the drop-downs and the way your template handles them