News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error savig product changes or creating a new product

Started by JULIANR, November 05, 2014, 03:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JULIANR

Hi. I installed VM 2.6.10 on localhost, with Joomla! 2.5.26, and working with PHP 5.5.12, MySQL 5.6.17, and Apache 2.49; and all works perfectly. Then, I upload my site to a server online with
PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL 5.1.68; and now when I go to change anything and save changes of products or categories, appear this Errors:

vmError: VmTableData ¡Sef Alias falta en registro! No se puede guardar el registro sin Sef Alias.
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

I have just learned that VM 2.6.10 need to work with PHP 5.3+ and MySQL 5.5, so I want to know if this error is produced by that old php and MySQL versions and at last I would change form hosting.

Thank You
Joomla! 2.5.22 - VM 2.6.6 - PHP 5.3.13

jenkinhill

PHP 5.2 series dates from 2006 & no host should really be using something old and far less secure than current versions. VM2.6.x ought to run on old versions, but not everything will work properly, especially some aspects of security. Recommended for Joomla 2.5 is PHP 5.4+  so moving to a better host would be a good idea before the store goes live. Older PHP versions lead to stores being refused PCI clearance to handle credit card payments.

If you did not move the site from local using Akeeba Backup then you should check the superuser/admin/vendor ids and maybe use the set store owner function under tools/Migration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JULIANR

Thanks for your answer. I have got a new hosting provider who works with the most updated server software and all is working OK.
Thank You! Virtuemart is wonderful.
Joomla! 2.5.22 - VM 2.6.6 - PHP 5.3.13