News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal pro form fields errors

Started by AntFantastic, October 16, 2014, 16:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntFantastic

Problem with the form field generated by activating the paypal pro payment option. The cursor jumps out of the field for cc number and csv fields. please see http://www.sarahscoffeecompany.co.uk/cart (you will have to put a product in the cart) this is a browser issue as only in FF and chrome, ie is fine.

Also radio buttons in same area activated by clicking on text next to but not on the radio button?

(Template maker says it is a VM issue)
Any help would be appreciated.

AntFantastic

By the way - version 2.9.9b

Please - anyone........

jenkinhill

You should update to the most recent dev version & test, currently 2.9.9e is the public version, 2.9.9f is the internal testing version (and on SVN).

PP Pro card entry works fine for me with Firefox using 2.9.9e and 2.9.9f with the VM default template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AntFantastic

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to 2.9.9e (still using same theme) still the same problem. Could this be a template issue?

jenkinhill

Test with a different Joomla template, eg Beez
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AntFantastic

beez is not installed. Probably because I used a bundled JM/VM/Template but I have got explore which is also by virtuemarttemplates, this gives me the same result. Is it possible to install beez as separate download?

Many thanks
Anthony

jenkinhill

Removing the alternative templates is a stupid thing to do. It gives you no way of checking issues related to the supplied template.  I don't think Beez (or Protostar) is available separately. You need to try a basic template without all the bells & whistles (JavaScript overload) that you probably have. I'd suggest something like Siteground's Imagination template - it is free and one of those available on http://www.siteground.com/joomla-templates.htm
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AntFantastic

I get the same issue with the template you suggested? I did think it was a template setting issue at first, but not now.

Thanks for your help

jenkinhill

OK then check the third party plugins that you have installed or were part of the "package".
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AntFantastic

Just to say thank for your help. Tested on alternative templates with same error on all, also switched off all additional plugins/components, still no change. Tried a clean install of the template package and no error, so at lest I know that I managed to **** it up all by myself! Suspect it is a JS issue which is buried somewhere so now have someone looking at it for me!

alatak

Hello

I just tested and it works for me . Which browser are you using?
Can you test with another one?

AntFantastic

Thanks for your help, it only affected Firefox, and as of 5 minutes ago I have found out that it was caused by a link to a credit card logo image that I put in the description box of one of the payment options. I will be sticking to plain text in these boxes from now on!