Few questions regarding Virtuemart 2.9 aka 3

Started by Anirudh, April 15, 2014, 15:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anirudh

1) When did the development team started working on it?

2) Is 22nd- April your target for v2.9 or You don't have any target at the moment

My sincere request release Joomla 3.3 with updated API... I am not expecting any new features. All I want is a Joomla r3ady Virtuemart as now 3.3 is LTS.

I am really getting frustrated with Jquery, Mootools Conflicts on Joomla 2.5.

can you please let me know where are we with it... Its really so much work to move migrate if I start a new project with 2.6.

Sorry! If you had this questions way too many times but I am guessing that you were already expecting Joomla LTS 3.5 in March until it postponed to August 

Milbo

Quote from: anirudh7@live.com on April 15, 2014, 15:44:51 PM
1) When did the development team started working on it?
Depends on the viewpoint. We started developing the API changes for vm3 around 14 months ago. We started the new development last autumn and we did the most important adjustments for joomla 3 already in january.

2) Is 22nd- April your target for v2.9 or You don't have any target at the moment
It depends on your skill and what you want todo with your store. We need testers, the only thing missing is atm bootstrap. The functions should work and just needs to be tested. The more tester, the more small stuff we will find the faster we can release.

My sincere request release Joomla 3.3 with updated API... I am not expecting any new features. All I want is a Joomla r3ady Virtuemart as now 3.3 is LTS.

I am really getting frustrated with Jquery, Mootools Conflicts on Joomla 2.5.
Missing atm is also to adjust the extensions. For payment and shipment extensions it is only necessary to adjust the xml to the "new" joomla 2.5 format. The fallback is removed. This is a task which can be done within minutes per extension, but must be done. The customplugins need a bit more adjustments, but the new API makes it easier.

can you please let me know where are we with it... Its really so much work to move migrate if I start a new project with 2.6.

Sorry! If you had this questions way too many times but I am guessing that you were already expecting Joomla LTS 3.5 in March until it postponed to August 

Today I was just fixing the missing menuitems in joomla 3 installation.

Be aware the update later will be very easy. a Vm2 installation can be later updated directly. The normal shopowner just need to wait that all extensions are adjusted. Actually we are now mainly on finding typos/small but blocking bugs and on the update. The last bigger thing missing for the update is a converter for the stored customfields in the orders. So if you want to start a new store and your are experienced with vm2, please help us testing.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member