News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How can I unlock the "Terms and Conditions" User fields?

Started by ivarlarsen, March 11, 2014, 15:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivarlarsen

I need the "Terms and Conditions" to show up on my cart page but not on my registration page where you enter your address and other information.

I guess if I could just unlock the "User Fields" I could have the terms and conditions available on the cart page and not on the registration page.

I did follow some instructions where I managed to remove the "Terms and Conditions" but it removed the "Terms and Conditions" from all pages.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help me :D

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ivarlarsen

I'm using virtuemart 2.0.26d

Thanks for the link and I bet it works but I have a problem because I don't have any folder by the name joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/

When I get in the "views" folder I have these folders to choose from: askquestion, cart, category, invoice, manufacturer, orders, pdf, pluginresponse, productdetails, recommend, user, vendor, virtuemart

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ivarlarsen

Ok but  there is no default.php file inside of joomla_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl

Which php file is it?

jenkinhill

Right I just checked back with 2.0.26d (I am heavily testing 2.5.2 at the moment) and the file is administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/userfields/tmpl/default.php

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ivarlarsen

Hi again

I really appreciate you helping me here but I just don't have the folder named "userfields"

I will attach a screenshot of my Filezilla where you can see all my available folders and maybe you can point out if I'm doing something wrong.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

That is the wrong directory. It is root/components/  not  root/administrator/components
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ivarlarsen

Thanks alot this works now.

I can't stop laughing because I chose the wrong folder. Sorry about that.