News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Removing Product Short Description

Started by dkry, December 29, 2013, 22:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkry

I purchased a template and migrated a database from a Yahoo shopping website into the Virtuemart template.  However, during the migration process, it moved all the product descriptions to the short description, and also displays the long description, so its redundant.  There are over 2400 products now and instead of going to each product and deleting the short description, is there a way to modify the template to not display the short desc?  I read another thread where someone was able to do it but I got the default.php file and deleted the short desc but it still displays.  Is there a template override that I can delete?  Where would it be located?
Thanks in advance

jjk

An easy method probably is to use a SQL query. If you search Google for something like 'mysql clear column data', you will certainly find some examples.
However, I would rather invest a week or two to manually add short descriptions (working directly in the database with a tool like HeidiSQL would help to save some time), because they are displayed in the category views and search results. They also help customers to find products.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations