News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customer note not being included with confirmation emails

Started by dylanist, December 06, 2013, 17:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylanist

Hi, we have a thorny problem where a gift message form is not being processed, so it's missing from the confirmation emails for both consumer and vendor.
The customer is able to fill out the form but the contents are not going anywhere.
Otherwise the confirmation emails are going out correctly.

Where would you start to look?

We are running Joomla! 2.5.8 and VM version 2.0.18a

I can see reference to "customer_note" in the email template mail_html_shopper.php and "customerNote" in default_payment.php.

1. Are these related to the problem? and 2. If so,could a difference in spelling be causing a error?

My apologies if these questions are quite basic, I'm a novice trying to support the developer and haven't found reference elsewhere in the forums.

He says he has tried fetching the value of variable customerNote from default_payment.php page, that's all I know.
Please advise, thanks. The URL is http://artisanconfections.com/index.php/order (need to add product to cart and follow steps through to "payment method" to view the form.

jenkinhill

It the shopper note works OK for me with the current stable release version, 2.0.24c

You really need to get the developer to update Joomla and VirtueMart as both versions are old and have known critical security issues. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dylanist

Are you saying that this is a recorded bug that is fixed in the current release?

jenkinhill

All I know is that it works OK for me on my sites using the current VM version. I don't remember it being reported as a bug, but 18a was released nearly a year ago now.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum