News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Invoice with Italian numbering, Document of Transport, stock update.

Started by fabiog, January 30, 2015, 11:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabiog

Hi,
I need to do a website for a company that sells pallets of paper. They would like to do a website similar to a German website which sells similar products. (I am omitting the link here).

Some of the features they ask are somewhat specific and I was wondering if Virtuemart has them.
1-   Create an automatic Document of Transport (Italy – Europe). Basically it is a document that contains the data about the products purchased by a client with the following information: from Wikipedia this is what a Document of Transport contains.
     the sequence number
     the date
     the identity of the transferor, the transferee and the possible charge transport
     the amount of goods transported
     the description of the goods transported indicating the nature and quality of the same.

2-   Update of stock – every day the client will need to update the stock in the website as the majority of the sales are done off-line. (Each product has an internal code similar but not the same as the SKU.

3-     Invoice – The invoice should be done automatically – The invoice number should be in the form of "year-nbr" ie 2015-001, 2015-002 etc. It seems that Virtuemart does not produce this kind of numbering but a random number. :-[

4-    A feature in the German website is that a customer has the possibility to ask for an X amount of sheets of paper and the websites tells him how many reams of paper he needs (note that there are reams of paper with different number of sheets in them: 100, 150, 200 etc). Example:
A customer needs 700 sheets and each ream has 200 sheets. The websites should tell him that he needs 4 reams of paper (200x4=800 that is greater than the 700 needed).

Well this is what is needed. What features are already in Virtuemart?
Can the others be coded easily?
Sincerely
Fabio Gerussi

GJC Web Design

1.  Create an automatic Document of Transport - adapt the pdf templates etc to achieve this?

2. a fairly common requirement - many ways to do it -- by csv or xml in a folder and a script that runs daily
csvi can do cron jobs - but your going to need some match between your external data and vm
One way we have done is have an extra table of ext. id->vm id matching

3. there is a plugin for this

4. this is a simple calculator ..  but not part of vm

vm is very easy to code and extend - it has a very logical schema - but of course depends on your knowledge
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

reinhold

1. VM supports the manual creation of a "Delivery note" in the VM backend (in the order list in the VM backend there are icons for the invoice and the delivery note). It is not done automatically, but it is just one click on the correct icon. The delivery note uses the same template as the invoice, but does not print out e.g. the prices. You can use template overrides to change the design/contents of the invoice and delivery note at the same time.

3. My Ordernumber plugin for VM allows you to create order / invoice numbers of practically any format you can imagine: http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-ordernumber-plugin.html
In your case, the invoice number format would be "[year]-#" with a counter padding of 3.

4. I would think that this can be done by a custom field plugin, but to my knowledge there is no finished plugin that would provide exactly what you want. A skilled VM developer would not take too much time, though.

Best regards,
Reinhold

fabiog

Quote from: GJC Web Design on January 31, 2015, 00:07:08 AM
1.  Create an automatic Document of Transport - adapt the pdf templates etc to achieve this?
>>> I need to check this.

2. a fairly common requirement - many ways to do it -- by csv or xml in a folder and a script that runs daily
csvi can do cron jobs - but your going to need some match between your external data and vm
One way we have done is have an extra table of ext. id->vm id matching
>>> Thanks. I have purchased that extension.

3. there is a plugin for this
>>> Good - I will look for it in "Joomla Extension Directory". Do you remember the name?

4. this is a simple calculator ..  but not part of vm
>>> Is there such a calculator that can be incorporated in Virtuemart?... or if not possible... maybe there is a module... (I will look into this, but if you have any idea please let me know).

vm is very easy to code and extend - it has a very logical schema - but of course depends on your knowledge

fabiog

Dear Reinhold,

Quote from: reinhold on January 31, 2015, 00:15:53 AM
1. VM supports the manual creation of a "Delivery note" in the VM backend (in the order list in the VM backend there are icons for the invoice and the delivery note). It is not done automatically, but it is just one click on the correct icon. The delivery note uses the same template as the invoice, but does not print out e.g. the prices. You can use template overrides to change the design/contents of the invoice and delivery note at the same time.

>>> Thanks for the suggestion.

3. My Ordernumber plugin for VM allows you to create order / invoice numbers of practically any format you can imagine: http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-ordernumber-plugin.html
In your case, the invoice number format would be "[year]-#" with a counter padding of 3.

>>> Thanks. Very useful information. I think I will need that plugin!

4. I would think that this can be done by a custom field plugin, but to my knowledge there is no finished plugin that would provide exactly what you want. A skilled VM developer would not take too much time, though.

>>> Thanks - It is definitely something that would be helpful.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member