Cant delete or unpublsih reviews without knock on effects

Started by sandstorm, November 06, 2013, 12:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

Joomla 2.5.14
VM 2.0.22c
PHP5.3.27
This is tested with default template (Both Joomla & VM).
Most products are dynamic parent/child using stockable variant plugin.
I have this set up on a test server if anyone needs to see it?
I have in some cases 100's of reviews for a product.

I personally feel that the VM review system is a bit odd, in that when you view the reviews, it just shows you the page of products that currently has reviews, but doesnt display how may reviews for that specific product.
You have to click on the product title to then open up the page of reviews for that particular product, so until you click on one of these you don't know wether you have 1 or 100 reviews.

Bugs?
Number 1 - I am having trouble with deleting a review from this inner product reviews page (so we are now in the list of reviews for ONE specific product :o).
When I select a review to delete & hit the delete button at the top, I am taken to the parent level reviews/ratings page with an error saying chooses a review to delete.
If I head back to the product with the 100 or so reviews the review i wanted to delete still shows up.
I can however delete all the reviews by checking the product at the parent level in the reviews/ratings page, but with 100+ reviews I wouldn't really want to do that.

Number 2 - In the inner product reviews/rating page I am also having trouble with publishing & un publishing reviews, when there are more than 2-3 reviews for an individual product.
I can physically do this is the back end of Virtuemart, but the results in the front end productpage, dont match up.
When all reviews are published, 3 reviews are displayed on the product page, with a more reviews button, hit the more reviews button and all the reviews show up - Sweet! this works great!
But If I unpublish ANY review, then only 2 reviews sho on the product page & NO "More Review" Button is shown.

So from these 2 bugs/issues, you can see that I cannot remove a SPAM or nasty review, without diving into the Database, finding it and removing it that way.

Summary
BUG - Cant delete individual reviews for a specific product (When product is stockable variant - not sure if this is the same for individual products).
BUG - Cant unpublish reviews as this then only displays a maximum of 2 reviews with no "More Reviews" Button.
Feature Idea - Show number of reviews for a specific product at 1st reviews/ratings page

Thanks,
Andy
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16