News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fatal error while using "Bulk associate categories" from admin side on vm2

Started by rizecorp, October 15, 2013, 07:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rizecorp

Hi All,

When i use "Bulk associate categories" by selecting multiple products from admin side, below FATAL error is displaying.
Fatal error: Call to a member function check() on a non-object in /public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 71.

the code on line no 71 is <?php if(Vmconfig::get('multix','none')!=='none' and $this->perms->check('admin') ){ ?> and i have found the problem is with $this->perms->check('admin').

It is working fine when i repleace the $this->perms->check('admin') code with Permissions::getInstance()->check('admin').

But i dont want to do core hack. Please let me know an alternate solution.

Version Details:
----------------
MySQL Version: 5.5.30
PHP Version: 5.3.23
Joomla Version: Joomla! 2.5.14 Stable
Virtuemart version: 2.0.22b

Thanks in advance
Rizecorp

jenkinhill

We know that 2.0.22b still had some bugs some of which were fixed together with a critical security hole for the next version., which was 2.0.22c   http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany

Even more bugfixes for the current version, VM2.0.24  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/449-virtuemart-2-0-24-is-available-includes-sofort-banking

I don't know if that one was identified and fixed as your is the only report of a problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rizecorp

HI Jenkin,

Thanks for the reply, I have upgraded the virtuemart version to 2.0.24 and checked "Bulk associate categories", still the same fatal error is displaying. Any alternate solution without any core hack please.

Thanks
Rizecorp

jenkinhill

I have now tested this and crashed out. The solution for the moment is to use your edit in the category default.php in a template override. So make a copy of the file with your edit in place and ftp it to administrator/templates/bluestork/html/com_virtuemart/category/ where it will act as an override. This assumes you use bluestork in the BE. This is not a core hack.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rizecorp

Hi Jenkin,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the template override as you suggest at "administrator/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php" with my custom edits. But template override is not working for admin template. Still it is showing the same fatal error.

Thanks
Rizecorp

jenkinhill

Just edit the original template then. Fix is already in SVN for next minor 2.0.24a update.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK