News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

category page overrides not working

Started by newsomjk, October 09, 2013, 03:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsomjk

Hi, I've got the product detail page overrides working fine.

And the main category page override (default.php) works fine, however, when I try to make a second category page override (lasr.php) and I set that in the backend under the "category browse page" it doesn't change from the main default.php override when I view the page.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

newsomjk

It turned out to be an issue with the menu link.

For the record though, those links wouldn't have been helpful since the overrides were in the correct directory. If they weren't they wouldn't have showed up in the drop down box.

jenkinhill

I cannot reproduce that. Using the current VM2.0.24 version in Beez20 I put 2 different override files in templates/beez_20/html/com_virtuemart/category/ and each works as expected when selected for individual categories. I then added a third override and that works, too, so I have three categories each displaying with different overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sjshaffer

Quote from: newsomjk on October 09, 2013, 15:17:11 PM
It turned out to be an issue with the menu link.

For the record though, those links wouldn't have been helpful since the overrides were in the correct directory. If they weren't they wouldn't have showed up in the drop down box.

What was the menu link issue?  I have a similar problem

newsomjk

It was that we had 2 similar categories with similar names, the user who setup the navigation had the navigation linking to the wrong category.

To help you narrow it down I would say, put this line in your category overrides:
echo '<pre>'.print_r($this,true).'</pre>';

Look through there and make sure the category id is the one you're trying to set the override for, also printing that out will show you what override template it's loading.