News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

constants instead of text as labels

Started by vicsam, August 22, 2013, 17:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicsam

All over the VM 2.0.22b component pages I see constants as labels instead of the real text. For example - VM > Shop > Statistics - it shows:

Statistics
Shoppers   
active Products   
inactive Products:   
Featured Products   
Orders & Shoppers
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_PENDING   
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED_BY_SHOPPER   
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CONFIRMED   
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_CANCELLED   
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_REFUNDED   
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_SHIPPED   

Sum:   
New Orders
New Shoppers

How can I fix this problem? Thanks!

jenkinhill

Seems there are some lines missing from the langage file en-GB.com_virtuemart_orders.ini  in your installation.  I assume your site langage is GB English?  You could write the text strings into the file yourself? 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vicsam

I have another website and I just did an update to 2.0.22b and the mess is even bigger now because on this website even the frontend is messed. This is what I see at checkout:

COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_CUST_INFO_LBL
Bill To
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_COMPANY_NAME

COM_VIRTUEMART_REGISTER_EMAIL

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_TITLE

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_FIRST_NAME

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_MIDDLE_NAME

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_LAST_NAME

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ADDRESS_1

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ADDRESS_2

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ZIP

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_CITY

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_COUNTRY

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_STATE

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_PHONE

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_PHONE2

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_FAX

Displayed Name

Username

franzpeter

jjk

Additional note to franzpeter's reply:

If you updated your language files from the provided link and your problem still exists, enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in Joomla Global Configuration temporarily. Then go to your problem pages, scroll to the bottom of the views and have a look at the language file reports to see if there is anything wrong.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

vicsam

I updated the language but the errors are still there.

Debug is giving me a red mark on:
**Parsing errors in language files**
JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_topofthepage.ini : error(s) in line(s) 6, 24

and also a bunch of **Untranslated Strings**

So the errors are language related... do I need to rewrite the translations manually?

Setting the website back to english did not solve the problem either.

jjk

Quote from: vicsam on August 25, 2013, 02:00:13 AM
**Parsing errors in language files**
JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_topofthepage.ini : error(s) in line(s) 6, 24

Parsing errors can prevent some following language files from being loaded. (BTW - you still didn't say which is your primary language).

en-GB.plg_system_topofthepage.sys.ini is not a VirtueMart language file, but belongs to the 'Top of the page' plugin. I just downloaded it and had a look at this language file. In my download this file has 7 lines including the header. And in line 6  \"Return to Top\"  the quotes are illegal characters in the string. See here: http://docs.joomla.org/Specification_of_language_files. If you have an editor that allows to save the file encoded as 'utf-8 without BOM', you can replace the double quotes with single quotes or something like »Return to Top«.

The same error is in line 24 of the file en-GB.plg_system_topofthepage.ini

...send a note to the developer of this plugin and ask him to fix this mistake.

vicsam

I have the same problem showing in 2 different websites - both with english as primary language.

In the website that I was considering more easy to fix because it had that parsing error in only one plugin, I did what you said, the parsing error is gone but the label problem is still there.

I also cleared the cache, re-installed joomla secondary language (pt-BR), re-installed VM, AIO and VM pt-BR - but with no luck :-( - same problem is still showing.

What else can I try now?

jjk

Do you have the problem in both english and brazilian languages? Looks like i.e. your ...\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini or ...\language\pt-BR\pt-BR.com_virtuemart_shoppers.ini and possibly also ...\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart_orders.ini  or ...\language\pt-BR\pt-BR.com_virtuemart_orders.ini are not loaded for some reason. You can check this again in Joomla debug.  If you look into these files, I bet the translations are there.

Which template do you use? Do the language strings show up if you temporarily switch to one of the Joomla default templates? Since VM 2.0.20 or older, many language strings were moved to the new language files (primarily the two mentioned above). Somebody mentioned today that certain templates do not catch the new language files.

vicsam

Yes, now I can see a bunch of ini files missing (en-GB and pt-BR), the ones you said and also a few that should come with AIO.
I extracted the last VM zip and even a older version and I search for those files but without success.

Where do I get the missing files?

vicsam

Using Language Overrides I can find the missing strings (COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STATUS_PENDING - for example) and then just save it... but I have to manually do it for all missing strings.

jjk

You said in an earlier post that you updated your language files already. The english files are of course included with every new version of VirtueMart. The brazilian languages are also still supplied with the AIO installer. So if some backend ini files are missing, you can extract i.e the brazilian ones from the com_virtuemart.2.0.22b_ext_aio.zip\admin\languageFE\pt-BR\ folder.

If you don't see them, let me know where you downloaded your VirtueMart version 2.0.22b. The language files are also available at the link franzpeter gave you in his reply.

If the files are located correctly in your Joomla frontend and backend language folders and Joomla language debug tells you that they are not loaded, please try a different template in order to be able to decide if it is a template related problem or not.