News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product-Detail page broken after update from 2.0.22a -> 2.0.22b

Started by bluezeyes, August 22, 2013, 13:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluezeyes

Good morning,

Our System:
Shared hoster
PHP 5.2.17
Apache
Joomla 2.5.11
Template: Yagendoo Free Template

We have a problem with the new update of Virtuemart 2.0.22b.

After the update the product-details page failed to display correctly,

• The company-Logo is not shown anymore there, but visible on the startpage and the subpages.
  • It seems that everything is zoomed now on the detail page (Article Scarf Sapphire f.e.) the menu, Product-Image ist instead of 400px (original) now 635px wide, which breaks definately the layout. :O

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert

jenkinhill

This update changes nothing in VM display. Did you edit any of the VM view templates at all or modify any of the css? If you did that and did not set up overrides, then the edits will be lost when you update VM as all the component files are replaced.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bluezeyes

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 22, 2013, 15:24:02 PM
This update changes nothing in VM display. Did you edit any of the VM view templates at all or modify any of the css? If you did that and did not set up overrides, then the edits will be lost when you update VM as all the component files are replaced.

Well at least it was changing /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php if I interpret the Comments on the yagendoo.com-Page correctly. one of the last comments ..

And no, i didn't change either the view templates or the css-files.
I also did, to be sure, cleaning browser-cache and the Cache of Joomla.. Nothing seems to have an effect.

Edit: The problem still exist.. it seems that there is a resize functionality running mad....

Kind regards

jenkinhill

Had a quick look using Firebug. The problem is related to your Yagendoo theme. For example in yag_theme.css if you remove the width: 100%; line from
div#yagVmOverWrap div.yagVmFlyProdImgMain img {
    height: auto;
    width: 100%;
}
Then the product image displays correctly. Sounds like to need advice from the template supplier.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bluezeyes

Thank you jenkinhill for your answer,

I just got today a reply on my comment from the template developers, and they told me that there are problems existing since 2.0.22a.
But i dont want to step through all the css-files to fix the problems manually, because this would follow more problems when the original cause is fixed..

the developers use a helper script  /yag_vision_vt/classes/YagendooHelper.php where they do the resizing stuff and write them into the css-directives..

But im am not able to find the cause of the error, only see that the scripts not working correctly.

I get Error like these

Startpage:
Uncaught ReferenceError: Virtuemart is not defined www.zanta-beads.com/de/:51
GET http://www.zanta-beads.com/de/index.php 404  mootools-core.js:485

and missing css-files on the product-detail page...

Oh what a weekend,

Greets

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 24, 2013, 12:24:56 PM
Had a quick look using Firebug. The problem is related to your Yagendoo theme. For example in yag_theme.css if you remove the width: 100%; line from
div#yagVmOverWrap div.yagVmFlyProdImgMain img {
    height: auto;
    width: 100%;
}
Then the product image displays correctly. Sounds like to need advice from the template supplier.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

jenkinhill

This is a common scenario when using a commercial template & VM theme. The theme was written/styled using a VM version that may have been current then, but is broken on an update. Very often that leaves the less knowledgable stuck using that old version, missing out on future developments and, as in the case of VM2.0.22b, missing out on an important security update.  Those with sufficient skills can usually identify & fix any problems without having to wait for the template developer to provide a working update (if they will actually do it).  But it does take time.

You can still buy a Joomla/VM template that is based on VM2.0.2 - that version is well over a year old, and when the user updates their Joomla/VM versions they find that everything is broken.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

bluezeyes

Well and one of the problem is,
that the documentation of both Joomla & Virtuemart could be better for starters which want to fix those things on their own..

for example blank template structures for modules / extensions with working installer files..
and well documentated ;)

or doing their own developement..

I havent find a link to a changelog where all bugs and changes are listed which are included in a update..
And on the time where i updated, there where no Release Notes Listed in the BE to what was really changed with that update .. that could be really improved.

greets