News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Upgrade to 20.0.22 from 20.0.20a

Started by Valdez360, July 10, 2013, 09:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdez360

I have got this error twice trying an install (once after site restore) whilst trying to upgrade from 20.0.20a to 20.0.22:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in/var/sites/h/howtoclone.co.uk/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/updatesmigration.php on line 303

Any suggestions? Can anyone reproduce?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Zer0g

Got the same problem

My PHP Version: 5.2.12

Valdez360

Thanks for your replies . Jenkinhill I was using 5.2.6, but have just changed to 5.3.10 (actually to help with site speed rather than compatibility). Will this def. fix prob? I haven't dared to try upgrade a third time without being forearmed with some clue.

And for info, I am running on Joomla! 2.5.11.

jenkinhill

You should not see that issue using PHP5.3 - which in any case is recommended for J2.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Valdez360

Thanks Global Super Moderator Hero. I will give it a spin after the next backup and let you know how it goes.

Shimon Hirschhorn

I do not have a solution, however I can tell you what it means.

This is a transliteration of Hebrew and it means "Double Colons"  i.e.  ::

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Valdez360

PHP 5.3 fixed this for me.
Thank you Jenkinhill

Uke

I got the same error and downloaded the new updatemigration.php file, put it under /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/.

Then i try with tools -> install or update tables and got the same error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /var/www/.../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/updatesmigration.php on line 303

I have PHP Version 5.2.17 and Virtuemart Version 2.0.21g

:'(

Uke

I just downloaded the Version 2.0.22a and install it successfully. After this i try to install/update the tables once again and it was successfully!  :)