News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Create a link in an article to a VM Product detail page

Started by Fernando Possebon, June 29, 2013, 21:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando Possebon

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve this without success. In an article, I have some text that I want create a hyperlink that will take me to product detail page.

I'm using Joomla 2.5.11 and VM 2.0.20b.

In article text, I go to Insert/Edit Link option

At URL I'm using this:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=2&virtuemart_category_id=8

After saving the article and trying to use the link, when  I click on link, I'm redirected to home page of site.

I've tried to find a solution without any success.
Joomla 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2

K&K media production

inser/edit link -> use the seach field and type in e.g. sku -> choose one of the results and you get the right link -> insert

z-analysts

I believe you are having a problem because your link is missing the itemid. Here is a working link from one of my sites:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=28&virtuemart_category_id=3&Itemid=37

Fernando Possebon

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on June 29, 2013, 22:21:59 PM
inser/edit link -> use the seach field and type in e.g. sku -> choose one of the results and you get the right link -> insert

Unfortunately this did not work to me. I tried search sku and the search did not return results.

By the way, I'm using  the JCE as editor in Joomla.
Joomla 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2

Fernando Possebon

Quote from: z-analysts on June 29, 2013, 22:24:36 PM
I believe you are having a problem because your link is missing the itemid. Here is a working link from one of my sites:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=28&virtuemart_category_id=3&Itemid=37

I tried this link too and did not work. Just to make sure that I'm doing correctly I did some tests.

I created a menu entry and pointed to this:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=2

And this link works fine as menu entry.

When I use the same code in an article, does not work, always redirect to home page.
Joomla 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2

Fernando Possebon

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that I'm using the sh404SEF too.

What I discovered now if I disable the sh404SEF plugin, the link works fine, so I believe that is not a Virtuemart  issue.
Joomla 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2