News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Lets Become User Friendly

Started by dido76bg, June 20, 2013, 15:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dido76bg

Hi!

Becaue I want to create a more user friendly interface to meet my customers needs, and I have left VM coding and development a year ago, can someone look at the attached pictures and tell me is that the pont point of the prices in product creation (now I am confused).

Thank you in advance!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Quote from: dido76bg on June 20, 2013, 15:16:12 PM
that the pont of the prices in product creation (now I am confused).

Hmm pont of the prices? but nice idea. From my point of view, I just miss that it is using the width
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hello

I like very much your proposal.
And thanks, with your screen shot,  i found out that for the price shopper group it is not "Select an option" , but "available for all" in this case.
I am fixing it.

Milbo

The problem with the proposal is that it

1. dont use the space and the right
2. it shows the advanced settings at first, which are most time not used.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hello
This is not a problem Max. Put those advanced fields at the bottom then.

dido76bg

Hi!

Thank for your replys.
I think you all do a great job.
What I am offering is a little styling.

Quote from: Milbo on June 20, 2013, 20:47:26 PM
1. dont use the space and the right

For me the space is not so important as the clearly styled settings.

Quote from: Milbo on June 20, 2013, 20:47:26 PM
2. it shows the advanced settings at first, which are most time not used.
Thats why I have posted 2 screen shots (original and with my style).
With my style I have tryed to understand if I have catched the point of the cells.
I will put them at the end when they are not so important.
Please see the attached screen shot.

alatak

Hello

Yes, i agree.
And the tooltips can be enhanced for the optional fields.
Or do something else: add a label "Optional" before them...

dido76bg

OK!

Thanks!

I will do it and I will come with it tomorrow!

Now I will work on!

AH

Alatak has already fixed the wording for shopper group tp "available for all" (thank goodness  ;))

Please let me have a go at this after Dido!

I was just crying over this layout ! it is not so great at the moment!  6 tabs to create a product seems excessive and I agree the price block if you have a number of shooper group prices will go on forever!

Some suggestions that I will work on if you have done the adjustment discussed below:-

For the front page:-

1) Move the stock elements onto this page
2) Same for Weight and Dimensions Move Weight to the first element, it is used in most shipping calculations and should have higher prominence.
Change selection and input to be smaller (do the weight and other selectors really need to be so large if styled will fit Weight L,W,H on a single line)
3) Move availability to the first page also.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

alatak

Hello

QuoteChange selection and input to be smaller
At least i am making them smaller. They are at the moment 300px. Which is too big, i agree. 
But they  will be all the same size. It does not work very well when the width is not fixed.

dido76bg

Hi!

I am working over the styling.
When I clear it to myself, I will post it here.
Yes some of the selectors are too big.
But lets first clear the code. Than I will look to make the things a little bit compact.

There was a problem with category creation - newer DB, old file.

Look now! I think i looks nice.
The optional params can be hidden and shown only on click.
The tax explay is shown only when there is a TAX to be explained! :)
I will try to put on Product Info TAB the dimensions and the product status.
May be the child products should have a separate TAB!

AH

Dido Alatak

Wow it is getting better very quickly working with what Dido proposed, what do you think about an more compact and functional layout for the prices section as shown in the diagram below??

I have not coded, some quick photoshop work.

Space on the right is better utilised
Shopper group moves down (just in case multiple are entered so keeps the right hand side cleaner if this expands)
Calculate the cost price moves to the relevant position
"Override" wording changed to relate to the Price you may be overriding!
Min max and date boxes are same size as are all selectors

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dido76bg

OK!

I am leaving the prices for now and will go on with the other view folder files to correct the code styling.

I will wait to see what the others will say about the prices and after that I will code it!

Alatak, can you tell me which file is responsible about the div wrappers (for the select boxes - 300px;)

Thanks!

AH

Looks like this size is produced using js

Alatak could help us with exactly which js is creating the 300px

I have spent much time wandering through js etc and cannot find the 300 value - I can see the element for the drop but not the 300 setting
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dido76bg

Here are the moded files (I have just closed some tags and removed some unnecessary). If you decide to give them a try, please make a backup of your own files.
The file responsible for "300px" is component\com_virtuemart\assets\js\chosen.jquery.min.js - make a search for "chzn-container". You will not see 300px (this is in component\com_virtuemart\assets\css\chosen.css - ".tabs select{ width:300px;}"). The size is formed by script. May be removing with parameter and adding css styles can achive some results. I will give it a try, but now I have problems with the jQuery (conflict with other components) and I should find a way to solve it (I will try to make a plugin which prevents loading other instances of jQuery when com_virtuemart is active) but first should find which one is the trouble maker :).

Attached image - Category edit page with accordion side bar (not included in the .zip file).