News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Integration custom product modification - how to do this?

Started by Magician, June 07, 2013, 12:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magician

Hi,

I have product catalog independent from virtuemart. Because product in this catalog has many categories, custom fields, external connection etc. I don`t want create from this product vm product.
Product in this catalog can have one from 4 price.
I think to make 4 vm products with those price and in some way link catalog product to those four vm product.

What I need it`s info how to make link between my catalog to vm product to make it work. Of course in my catalog I add key to vm product and don`t know how to make it work next...

I display my product from catalog and want to user can add catalog product to virtuemart cart and process checkout. In cart I want to show which catalog product name and id user selected - and of course associated price from vm product.

I think about make special link to cart with info (id) about selected catalog product.

So what next? Any suggestion on other solutions?

(i don't know am I clear... if not please write, i try explain my problem better)

Milbo

Hmm you wanna use a catalogue, link the products to virtuemart and use virtuemart for the buying process? Vm2 is multiprice, can handle many categories, customfields, hmm... adding a product to the cart is easy. For example use in a link after comvirtuemart, view and so on, &task=add&virtuemart_product_id[]=4&quantity[]=2
It will add then product with id=4 and quantity=2
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Magician

Milbo - thank you for your response.

Let me try to be more clear:

1. I have custom component for joomla, with many joined tables with lets say custom entities.
2. Those entities can be sold with four prices.
3. I want to use vm to buying process.
4. For now, I think translate my custom entities to vm product it`s hard. (many joined tables, many categories, many attached files and images dynamics generated based on custom events...)
5. I wonder to add to vm products four products with four different prices (at point 2) and in my component view add link do vm cart and customize view vm product info to get data from my custom component.
6. What I need it`s info how to add hidden parameter to vm cart link (id to my custom entities) to join vm product to my custom entities. (this hidden info should be available in all buying process). I suppose I should modify every buying step view to eventually show proper data from my custom entities.
Ending question - it's that way possible? (adding hidden field to product and use it in all shopping step - should be related to vm product and my custom entities)? I think about vm custom fields but after read forum I`m not clear it can be used in my case. I don't expect full solutions (ok, will be great ;-) ) - I need info from person who know well vm architecture when to start and where add changes...

Thank you for any suggestions.