News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_F

Started by nickon2, June 06, 2013, 21:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickon2

Hi,

Using j2.5.11 and vm2.0.20b
When a user places an order it gets the email with COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_F in the title
but I can't find COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_F in any language file

WebStuff

This usually happens when you create your own Order Status in VM. You need to create an language override for it EXTENSIONS->LANGUAGE MANAGER-> OVERRIDES
e.g I set up a Ready for Collection status so I did a test order with that status waited to see what email subject was then entered that in the overrides with the text I wanted it to display.

Hope this helps.

reinhold

The subject of the confirmation for the vendor is set to
    COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_ + short order status code
and to
    COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_ + short order status code
for the shopper confirmation mail. So if you create your own order status with order status code 'F', you'll need to define "translations" (all the displayed English texts are also just a translation of a language-independent identifier) for:
-)  COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_F
-) COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_F

betterlead

Where are the languages files stored for the confirmation mails? I'm pulling my hair and feel like an idiot, but can't find the files.

Cheers from a newbie.
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

reinhold

You can either place those translations in the file language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini (and of course the according pathes for other languages you use):
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_W="[%3$s], Purchase order for %1$s, total %2$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOER_W="[%3$s], Purchase order by %1$s, total %2$s"

Or you can use the translation override feature of the Joomla backend: In the Joomla backend, go to "Extensions" -> "Language Manager" -> "Overrides" and create new translations there. The language manager will use the file mentioned above, so both alternatives lead to the exact same translations.

betterlead

Reinhold, please. Or someone else. Where are these files? English or translated... Soon I'm out of hair... Need to fix these different type of confirmation mails. Order conf. to customer and vendor. Order sent to customer...
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

AH

Most if not all the information is in this post:-

The Administrator language file is the one I think you need to set an override for it to work

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116224.msg392486#msg392486
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

StefanSTS

The language variables for status D and F were missing in the core translation.
They will be added.

STS
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

GJC Web Design

why not use the Joomla lang over ride system .. that's what it is for...

in this case admin over ride and chk the use both
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

Quote from: GJC Web Design on September 24, 2018, 12:33:40 PM
why not use the Joomla lang over ride system .. that's what it is for...

Sure, that is the best temporary fix that someone should have suggested in 2013, while with the other hand typing on the language files, so that the other threads upto 2018 wouldn't have been necessary. :-O

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Jörgen

If You use a orderstatus that is not supported by VM language file, GJC suggestion is neccessary otherwise you loose it during updates. Having all Your orderstatuses in the ovverides gives a good overview. Instead of searchinng mutiple files. My 2 cent.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

If You use an orderstatus, that is given by VirtueMart, but not in the VM language files, use your SVN and add the language variables or ask someone who knows how to do it. Then GJCs very good suggestion for a temporary quick fix won't be neccessary, because you will not loose anything, because it is there forever.  Instead of multiple people searching multiple forum sites and multiple files in their installations for more than five years, just do it once. Just my 2 cent. :-P
--
Stefan Schumacher

GJC Web Design

Quotewhy not use the Joomla lang over ride system .. that's what it is for...

I only meant this in response to betterlead & custom statuses who was asking for the lang ini ..  which will get over written as soon as he updates .. so use the lang over rides
Of course is good that bundled statuses have now their correct lang vars
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

It would be nice to now what these statuses are suposed to mean in VM, I have used _F (invoiced) and _D (SHIPPED_AS_PACKAGE) for Years, not to mention that You will get into big trouble if You USE _N, that has apparently some internal function.
Do I misuse these statuses and what should they mean instead ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

The statusses mean exactly what you tell them to mean.

Except for the locked ones.
Pending P
Cancelled C
Shipped S

The others pretty much do and mean exactly what you enter in your language variables.

D for Denied came a bit later, so if you use it for something else that is pretty fine as long as you do not have a payment plugin that has a hardcoded D for denied. That would be a bad payment plugin though.
So if you need Denied for any payment plugin, just give it some letter, let's say B: and call the status: "bloody hell I won't take the order".

Be careful with the setting if it reduces your stock or not and all is fine.
--
Stefan Schumacher