News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Captcha for Ask the seller a question

Started by da_mascus, June 03, 2013, 13:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

da_mascus

Please
I am getting tons of spam via the ask the seller a question form.
None of the plugins I found support Vm product question forms and the two I found that do are paid ones...

Can anyone advice me on how to solve this issue? Is there a free  and working solution ? Or maybe VM has a default captcha solution I dont know about? I have been browsing the forums for quite a while but most of the topics are very old and not very helpful..

Thank you in advance

chaldama

This annoying problem is bothering many of my customers as well. Hope the standard Joomla captcha system will be incorporated into VM.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

chaldama

@jenkinhill: Thank you for your reply.

In the past I have used KeyCaptcha as well, following the advice of this forum. This worked perfectly, untill I had to update Virtuemart. I never got it to work again, even after reinstalling the plugin.

Since Captcha is a core Joomla functionalty, it seems logic that Virtuemart would also incorporate it in its forms.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart does not use the same form format as Joomla so recoding would be necessary to do this and at the same time avoid using recaptcha at the checkout. Recaptcha is the least popular form of captcha with users as it has a high rejection rate of the user's interpretation of the letter images. If you do want to include it then I believe you can use this plugin: http://joomla.stefysoft.com/jootools-extensions/jootools-plugins/59-joo-recaptcha-pro-plugin.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

chaldama

Thank you! I think I will try this one.
The problem is only in the "ask a question about this product form", which I have now disabled. I do not want to use captcha in the checkout areas.

piru

@chaldama,

I tried this one from jenkinhill thread, it works perfectly.

chaldama