News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Line Space in Category Menu

Started by MAD King, May 28, 2013, 19:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Hello,

how can I reduce the line space in the cat menu?
All other menus do not have a line space except the VM's.

Thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

If Firebug does not help with a solution you can edit the layout files in /modules/mod_virtuemart_category/tmpl/  and add a new class and an overriding css definition.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MAD King

Hello Kelvin,

thank you for your response and help.
After hours of searching I finally found what this cause. The bullets I use cause a line brake in the table of the category box.
I wasn't able to figure out which file I have to modify and if this will be overriden by any future updates.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

MAD

You think that waiting 3 days for a reply is too much.....

You may consider posting in paid section if you require things sorted out at your pace.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MAD King

Hutson,

taking the time to write a rebuke instead of thinking I may can help this person is awesome for a moderator.

Or a better way would be not to write anything.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

My response was intended to stop you posting against you original question to effectively bump it.  And it would be remiss of me, as an unpaid moderator, to not try to prevent such practices.

I believe jenkinhill pointed you to the options for a solution on the same day as your original post.

If Firebug does not help with a solution you can edit the layout files in /modules/mod_virtuemart_category/tmpl/  and add a new class and an overriding css definition.

Any override you applied would be overwritten by updates to this module. So you would need to save a copy to re-apply.

Or you could change your bullets

The solution would be to reduce the size of your bullets
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MAD King

Hello Hutson,

thank you, but I already tried this and it is not in the VM CSS or template CSS.
I am trying to find the VM tmpl file which creates the category menu box.
Can you please tell me which one it is?

Thank you
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

Do you have a link to your site?

Are we talking about the same thing i.e

mod_virtuemart_category
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

Assuming this is about the category menu module, the template files for the module are in modules/mod_virtuemart_category/tmpl/  - if you edit a file be sure to use the edited file as a template override. The template files also show the links to the applied css files (eg modules/mod_virtuemart_category/css)

http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/33-templating-layouts.html and http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/overrides
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

This looks to be a CSS issue

There are no additional <br/> in the code

Great helpful post from jenkinhill regarding overrides - if you find you need them
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

I add an id to the <ul> code of each template so I can add style the layout to suit the site, so I do use template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AH

I leave the code to do what it naturally does if I can.

So either use the module suffix or the class suffix then you get to style the CSS as you wish, leaving the code alone.

Class suffix gets added (example in cat module)

<ul class="VMmenu<?php echo $class_sfx ?>" id="<?php echo "VMmenu".$ID ?>" >
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MAD King

Thank you guys.

I don't think it is in the VM CSS or template CSS. I renamed and deleted the VM CSS and palyed with the template CSS and the space was still there.
When I took the link to the bullet image out, the space disappears.
The weird thing is that the line spaces in all other boxes are fine except in the VM box. So I think it has something to do with the VM tmpl file which is responsible for this box.
I am trying right now to figure out how to do the template override. VM2 is totally different than VM 1.1x.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

AH

post a link, it will be simple to sort out
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0