News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Where to edit the view after sent order?

Started by cuie, February 19, 2013, 07:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuie

Hi!

I have spent hours for this and just can´t find an answer.

I have localized version (finnish) of VM and my view after the order is done and sent still shows some un-localized (english) text:

Any idea where I can translate those texts in finnish? I have looked all the files in /language/en-GB/ but can´t find the relevant one.. :(

tzic

You should edit this file: YOUR_LANGUAGE.com_virtuemart.ini located in /language/YOUR_LANGUAGE. Open the ini file and use search (CTRL-F) to find any non translated items

cuie

Quote from: tzic on February 20, 2013, 11:28:58 AM
You should edit this file: YOUR_LANGUAGE.com_virtuemart.ini located in /language/YOUR_LANGUAGE. Open the ini file and use search (CTRL-F) to find any non translated items

Hi Tzic  and thanks for your reply,

I know that I have to edit my own language file but I`m trying to find correct variable that I have to translate. My own language file (finnish) doesn´t hold all the same items than the english one. That´s why I tried to find where they are in english.

VM replaces missing language variables with default one (en_GB).

xpozay

I suspect I am late in replying to your message.  Load up a text editor that includes a search in files function.  Then search across the files for the english language string that you are trying to find.

Unfortunately, I do not recognise what part of virtuemart your picture is from.  Is it the order that is sent, the order viewed online, etc.?  Without that it is hard to direct you specifically.  Thus these are the english ones.

administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini
Line 993: COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_PAYMENT_LBL="Payment Method"
Line 1053: COM_VIRTUEMART_PAYMENTMETHOD="Payment Method"
Line 1075: COM_VIRTUEMART_PAYMENT_CLASS_NAME="Payment Method"
Line 1077: COM_VIRTUEMART_PAYMENT_ELEMENT="Payment Method"

administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
Line 30: VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_PAYMENT_INFO="Payment method"

plus each plugin for the different payment method types may have their own.

Peter Pillen

I think the files you are looking for are somewhere in the folder of components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\order_done.php. Maybe you'll find a hint to the language variables there.

dragos.d

Hello,

Any luck in finding that translation variables? I have the same problem.
The file is order_done.php but I can't figure out how that table is created. 

Peter Pillen

the language variables are defined in languages\*your language*\* your language*.com_virtuemart.ini

mine is created like below
<?php 
echo "<h3>".JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDERDONE_THANK_YOU')."</h3>";
echo 
"<p>".JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDERDONE_NOTICE')."</p>";
?>