News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Default number of products in a row

Started by behemoth, February 15, 2013, 18:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behemoth

Before I get shouted down, I have searched and searched. I've been building a template that requires VM to lay out my products 1 per row, but it insists on displaying them 3 per row. Changing the two settings within configuration > templates has no effect either on existing categories (I sort of expected that), nor on new categories generated by uploading products via CSVI - the products_per_row field in the categories table defaults to 3.

Is this an issue in CSVI or am I missing something fundamental in VM? I appreciate the global setting doesn't affect existing categories, but I can't believe I have to manually amend every one of them to make it work the way I want.

Please help.

PRO

each category also has its own setting, what is it set to?

&& what is the css ?
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

behemoth

Each category is set to 3. What I want to know is how do I ensure this defaults to 1 instead of me having to amend it each time.

The CSS is fine, it's just that when the products per row is anything greater than 1, the product layout gets squashed. In this case, it's only taking up a third of the available width.

I've already got a template override in place, so I can take out the layout code that this value affects, but I didn't really want to start hacking away at intended functionality if I could avoid it. Setting this to 1 works, I just need to know how to ensure it defaults to 1.

PRO

Quote from: behemoth on February 18, 2013, 15:39:06 PM
Each category is set to 3. What I want to know is how do I ensure this defaults to 1 instead of me having to amend it each time.

The CSS is fine, it's just that when the products per row is anything greater than 1, the product layout gets squashed. In this case, it's only taking up a third of the available width.

I've already got a template override in place, so I can take out the layout code that this value affects, but I didn't really want to start hacking away at intended functionality if I could avoid it. Setting this to 1 works, I just need to know how to ensure it defaults to 1.

when you create a category It takes the value of "default # products per row"

Then, you have to change each one manually.

so you have to change them all.

&& to prevent it form happening when you create new categories, you have to set the default # in your config to what you want

behemoth

PRO,

Thanks for taking the time to respond here, but that's already set to 1 and it's being ignored. I presumed (perhaps naively) that this setting would affect categories created by CSVi. Am I right in assuming this is a CSVi issue?

PRO

behemoth

Oh how embarrassing! Thanks for that PRO - I couldn't find that field because I was looking in the product import not the category import.

So simple when you know how!

Thanks again