Add products to an order in the backend of VirtueMart 2.0.26d

Started by Three_d, January 19, 2013, 15:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongrel

Quote from: Hutson on October 04, 2013, 09:52:55 AM
Hmm

Wonder why there is so much chatter on the forum for this component?

A basic unanswered question and unhappy customer who seems pretty reasonable in their approach:-
http://www.artio.net/support-forums/vm-invoice/customer-support/tax-doesn-t-add-up

There are numerous other queries with no response - for a paid component that is not desirable!

Creating a dependency on core business functionality by adding another complex component that requires updating/testing and alignment with VM releases is not something I really want to get trapped by!

Maybe the devs will eventually allow the addition of items to an order in admin!

Hmm... All I can say is, that I have never had a problem.  Mine is working perfectly!  Taxes work perfectly. Templates, Invoices etc etc.  My site is fairly large without about 3000 customer so far and 1000 products, and it's running smoothly!  TOUCH WOOD!!  :D

AH

Looks like a start of adding products to orders in admin has been made in vm 2.0.24c

Not sure how it is meant to function yet
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

artyboy

That's great - I hope you can also delete / replace besides add!

For example one of the websites I use VM for bookings for a charity event. I use the extra fields for them to indicate the number of children and number of adults, then the total they just add to cart. Each product is a "date". So if a family wants to add people, or they want to change dates (change products) this will be very useful to me in this case. The reason I use VM for this is that it's actually better than most free booking systems out there in the sense that it works the way I want it to without lots of complications!

Thanks to the VM Dev's for all their hard work!  ;D

maxispin

This is a function a shop keeper needs for managing the chaos of million orders.

Let's say that customer orders and pays (way or another) order with one product, before shipment, a new product is wanted to add on the same shipment but the first one is already paid. Thus, to deal with payments, we need at least an editable field for "already payed" payments.
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

maxispin

The version 2.0.24c can be used for adding products from backend to existing orders. Not nicely but it works.

0) check the id of product and you want to add
1) go to order you want to change and press "New" (product). A duplicate is generated. Then press "Edit". Delete duplicate product information. Save. Error occurs. Press Edit again.
2a) Input Name the information customer needs about product. Eg. Blue shirt size XL.
2b) Input SKU. (can be anything but wise to use the same id holds)
2c) Input Product ID (this field is now available :)
2d) Save.

VoilĂ !

The error log:
vmError: updateSingleItem and UPDATE `#__virtuemart_orders` SET `order_total`=(SELECT sum(product_final_price*product_quantity) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50)+`order_shipment`+`order_shipment_tax`+`order_payment`+`order_payment_tax`+0, `order_discountAmount`=(SELECT sum(product_subtotal_discount) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50), `order_billDiscountAmount`=`order_discountAmount`+0, `order_salesPrice`=(SELECT sum(product_final_price*product_quantity) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50), `order_tax`=(SELECT sum( product_tax*product_quantity) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50), `order_subtotal`=(SELECT sum(ROUND(product_item_price, )*product_quantity) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50),`order_billTaxAmount`=(SELECT sum( product_tax*product_quantity) FROM #__virtuemart_order_items where `virtuemart_order_id`=50)+`order_shipment_tax`+`order_payment_tax`+0 WHERE `virtuemart_order_id`=50
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

AH

Maxispin

Thanks for walking through the add product

Not really functional at this stage.

Suggest that

1. Hit Add new product
2. Prompts for SKU - enter the sku (possibly allows search from dropdown list that shows SKU and Description in dropdown)
3. This populates the relevant order line information for this sku including a set of prices
4. These can be edited before saving as new order line

Similar to the functionality of VM1 that never made it to VM2

Also like to see the delete order line functionality introduced.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

Any news on this feature - still very not very usable in 2.0.26d

It is not functional for a live shop at present
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

e-trader

Quote from: Hutson on February 04, 2014, 21:02:27 PM
Any news on this feature - still very not very usable in 2.0.26d

It is not functional for a live shop at present

I'm also interested in this...

Robert_ITMan

WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com