News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart Categories

Started by kiki90, December 18, 2012, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiki90

Hi,

I am looking for a way to list the products with the common sub category .. i.e. I write /component/virtuemart/A/B/C/ in the url and I want to display all the products that have ALL three as categories.

Is this possible ?

Thank you

PS: I have Virtuemart V2.0.10

balai

kiki90

I tried this but for me it's useless as the products are not being inputted manually in VM.. basically I have a dropdown with 3 items a user selects something from those three and checks the items in another server with those 3 items. once it receives  something they are then inputted automatically in VM .. and then it changes the url with the given items.

But it displays other items too ie i choose ABC and have a product that has BCE .. I only want products containing ABC not the other..

Thanks

balai

Sorry i don't get it.
The products are not stored in a database and their categories too?

kiki90

It's ok I don't explain myself very well hehe...

So .. I have a website that has 3 dropdowns with ajax and sql and virtuemart. Now the actual items are  stored in another server containing millions of data so we thought it would takes us forever to input those.. and update accordingly. So the dropdowns connect to the other server and lists the current categories on that server. But it doesn't mean that it's in virtuemart .. Once the user presses the search button it retrieves all the stock with the selected items from the dropdowns .. let's say they are A B C as those will be the categories... It takes the selected "category" and adds them to VM as subcategories and the stock retrieved from the server as products. Once they are inputted in VirtueMart it changes the url to component/virtuemart/A/B/C

that works fine but what I need is that products displayed have all these three categories in them not just B for example

balai

I think that it needs changes to the VM core.
It displays only 1 category as it is