News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

strange behaviour exhibited in different url links to same page

Started by dzséti, December 09, 2012, 22:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzséti

I am using VM2.0.10 and J2.5 and have noticed a problem that I think is responsible for some other issues I have, but can't work out how to investigate it. Help please!

If I enter two different url's that (I think) should bring up the same page, then one works perfectly, the other however produces everything (menus, other content etc) EXCEPT the main content itself which is just blank. No errors are reported with Joomla set to max, just an empty page.

The two urls are:

(i) /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit which works perfectly
(ii) /account/edit.html (where account is the alias of the menu item linked to the VM Account Maintenance module) which doesn't work - only produces only a blank page

Is this rather a Joomla issue (where should I go to for help?) or a VM question? Would like to be able to debug this, but can't work out how to do it.

Many thanks

bytelord

Hello,

It's a 500 error i suppose, did you check joomla error log? Can you paste here the problem?
So, you create a joomla menu item that goes to index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit and when using with sef is not working, or is just a link inside article..?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!