News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM friendly URLs not working

Started by gpessoa, December 02, 2012, 23:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpessoa

I have a fresh new VM 2.014 installation on a Joomla 2.58
The problem I`m having is that I can`t use friendly URLs…
If I set to use it on Joomla BE, when clicking a category, it doesn’t show out any products.
This only happens on VM friendly urls!
The Joomla friendly urls works fine.
J 4.4.4; VM 4.2.6; PHP 8.3.6

jjk

Check if you have enabled SEF in VirtueMart configuration and also check if you assigned a VirtueMart category to your products. Also, you need a menu link for each of your VirtueMart categories.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Stonedfury

Uncheck all the boxes. Seems the javascript has an issue. For me it was not loading correctly and redirecting to random pages when clicking "continue shopping"
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

jjk

Quote from: Stonedfury on December 03, 2012, 20:29:43 PM
... redirecting to random pages when clicking "continue shopping
That is typical if you delete the Seo-Suffix in 'VirtueMart Configuration - SEO Settings' and leave that field empty. Then the router will not work correctly.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Stonedfury

Quote from: jjk on December 03, 2012, 21:21:53 PM
Quote from: Stonedfury on December 03, 2012, 20:29:43 PM
... redirecting to random pages when clicking "continue shopping
That is typical if you delete the Seo-Suffix in 'VirtueMart Configuration - SEO Settings' and leave that field empty. Then the router will not work correctly.
Which I did not do.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.