aim

Hi,
this is my first post.

I used:
Joomla 2.5.8
Virtuemart 2.0.14
Joomla Template: beez_20
Virtuemart Template: default

I've setup Virtuemart so you can see the prices, but, although I have selected all the available prices, it displays 2-3.
For example, the base price is not displayed.
The different groups of users haven't specific prices.
I do not know if it is a bug, or if I have the wrong setting.
Thank you.

bytelord

Hello,

Base price is been shown to vendor, if you want to calculate your revenue. For your other question please be more specific

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Scott799

I Have this issue as well, but its with 2.0.10.  I was trying to figure out if I should go to 2.0.14 to solve it - looks like this post indicates the price missing in cart is still an issue. 

Here is a Beez screen shot.  I use a template and the same thing on the template as well.  What do we do to get the cart prices showing?

Additional Info:  Site is https://www.golfsgreatheritage.com
I have the VM config settings ALL checked to show in the pricing tab, I have not enabled special pricing views for default or anonymous shopper groups.  The prices show in the store, but just not itemized in the cart or as a cart total.

Thanks,
Scott

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Typical a template for 2.0.6 or older. Just disable your overwrites.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bytelord

Hello,

As Milbo said is caused by your overrides. You are using a commercial template and is outdated. You should contact gavick.com for further support, when buying their products they offer support also support (forum & tickets).
Please read this first regarding commercial templates: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

Did you try without templates overrides? If is working did you update your template files between 206 to 2014?

To update your template files:

changes between versions: http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

Also there is layoutchanges.zip files after 206 (exactly from your current version) that will show you exactly the areas that the code have been changed. Those are images comparing to previous versions will help you to update your template overrides easy.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/456/com_virtuemart.2.0.8_layout_changes.zip
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/476/com_virtuemart.2.0.10_layout_changes.zip
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/492/com_virtuemart.2.0.12_layout_changes.zip

Regards

Scott799

This is great information, thank you!  I do need to confess I'm learning, not much background in the tech-speak, so it's part greek - so I need to read this over a bit and go from there.  But I do have a couple of answers:

Overrides: I assume you are asking about Q: have I enabled CSS overrides for the Gavick template, the answer is yes.  But, I tested by disabling and clear all cache and maintenance and the problem remained.  Also I switched to Beez, clearer cache, (see the screen shot) and still this issue (no overrides in beez, I don't use that template).  Besides, I need the CSS overrides or the site doesn't look right, so that wouldn't fix it for a long-run fix.  Maybe I'm mis-understanding what your saying here?

Gavick support: they've always been great, but the moderator that replied on this, claimed "they don't offer support for Virtuemart, and to reach out to VM forum" (it's the only time they disappointed, but I have a good rapport with a different moderator, so I'm going to recap your info in a fresh Gavick post to him).  I should see a reply in the morning and will update further from that info... hopefully get through this and back on track...

I didn't understand this: Q: If is working did you update your template files between 206 to 2014?  But I'll go through all the great links you guys sent, maybe it will be clearer.

Last: I read a lot about this in the VM forum and thought it had something to do with edits that needed to happen inside the component>views>cart>templ default_pricelist.php.  I just didn't have enough understanding to make the changes (need to see something like OLD CODE IS - replace with THIS NEW CODE).  I did download the images on the 2.0.14 update and took a look at that for this file, but I just don't know enough about code here (only enough to be incredibly dangerous to my own demise).  I didn't look at the layouts zip yet, and will check to see if I can figure that out.  I'll try to read again over them.  But to your question: are you saying I should just update from my version to 2.0.14 and the sun will shine once again?  I dread the thought of finding out it adds another layer of things to fix, I'm so close to having this site totally dialed in (except for this big problem it's all done).

According to the component version.php file it says:
/** Version information */
class vmVersion {
   /** @var string Product */
   static $PRODUCT = 'VirtueMart';
   /** @var int Release Number */
   static $RELEASE = '2.0.12b';

TBC... Thank you!

bytelord

Hello,

I am a greek so for me not sound too greek :) heh

On your first questions the css overrides is something else in gavern framework, is an override.css file where you could add css attribues for averything, if not mistaken the css overrides for gavick template is the file vm.css

Gavick templates have some overrides over your_joomla_folder/templates/gavick_template/html/com_virtuemart for virtuemart component. This is the folder where we place our overrides (template changes for flypage - category view - product details, cart page, etc).

When saying update your template files, means to apply the new changes to your template files inside that folder.

Gavick places updates to their templates to support newer versions of virtuemart and give instructions which files you have to change. For your commercial product, which normally shouldn't supported on that forum, named gk_eSport there is an updated version here: https://www.gavick.com/updates/templates/gk_esport_j25,934.html  for vm 2.0.12f ... but not for vm2.0.14 ... or i make mistake and there is an update... anyway i think will work that template changes fine with 2.0.14

For now you could try to change the folder name of your_joomla_folder/templates/gavick_template/html/com_virtuemart to __com_virtuemart for example and the overrides will not took place, except the css. Then try again with your site and see if the prices are been appeared.

If is working update your gavick template files under com_virtuemart and you will be ok.

Also you are loading jquery twice and this could cause issues to your site functionality because some javascript code could not run ... and you are also cache your pages, be sure you are not caching vm pages.

Regards

Scott799

AWESOME HELP!  Thank you, I'll work on this and thanks for dumb'n it down for me  ;)

Scott799

bytelord - things went almost as planned, one new issue to fix, hopefully not too tough.  Hope we can fix it soon...

I updated my Gavick override in com_virtuemart to current, and the same for the vm.css (Gavick suggested this get updated too).  My prices and the cart all seem to look correct now (will test a bit further, but accomplished the fixes I was after). 

But now my virtuemart Category Descriptions are doubling (see screen shot).  Q: need to figure out how to resolve that.

Also, clarification - I only have the Gavick Cache enabled, they guided me on it and it should be setup correctly per that advice.

Clarification 2 - you mentioned I have jquery loading twice, I left a tick ON for load virtuemart jquery and unticked the google external jquery library (inside the vm config template settings tab).  Was this what you were saying to do?  Not sure if that resolved it?

Thanks!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

When you develop your site i suggest you to disable cache, css & jss files optimization and compressing. Clean your cache, test your site. When you will finish will all of your site then you should start testing caching and css/js compression because as you will see css/js and caching produces a lot of issues and will be the last step you have to do before you go live with your site.

Scott799

thanks - will work on that.  Also, found this post and was able to fix the double category description http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105289.msg350562#msg350562
so, that's all good.  I appreciate the guidance!

bytelord

Nice,

The default vm2 template does not face this issue. Just you solved, great.

Regards