News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom field per order

Started by lucvillalba, November 21, 2012, 17:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucvillalba

Hi all.

I have a question about virtuemart 2. Maybe you can answer me.
Is it possible to set an attribute on a cart but regardless of order quantity. Let me explain:

I do a custom keychain site.
I have a reference product by type of keychain.
The customer chose the color pearl and text to be engraved.
So far so good, but it thickens here:
If the customer wants to burn a logo, there are 20 € processing fee by the engraver.
Only those 20 euros are charged once per order.
If he takes  100 products for 5 € each that will make him  100*5=500 € + 20 € fee for logo engraving= 520€. But I can only put a custom field on a product that is multiplied by the amount (5€ + 20€) * 100 = 2500 €!

How to charge the € 20 once per order, not per product?

If anyone knows how, or knows even a plug-in charge, I'm interested.

Thank you in advance
Luc
Création de sites web, Référencement, Intégration, Webdesign... Un Webmaster freelance pour vos campagnes de communication sur le web...

lucvillalba

Création de sites web, Référencement, Intégration, Webdesign... Un Webmaster freelance pour vos campagnes de communication sur le web...

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Richardkl

I bought the plugin that was suggested, but it does not work as needed, I have many options that are not based on quantity, the plugin multiplies the ONE time fee by the quantity. There has to be a way to add fixed price options to a item no matter what quantity they purchase.

bytelord

Hello,

You could contact the developer and may be helps you to make that customization, or if you have some programming skills you could try to change the plugin at your needs.
I don't know an other way to do it except to develop a custom vm plugin for that.

Regards

Richardkl

I have posted this at several sites and nobody seems to have the knowledge  of VM2 to modify the cart, If you know anybody please post, I will also post at this forum

bytelord

@Richardkl

Is a custom work, if someone have it ready and wan't to share this is fine, but for someone to implemented needs to work on that and support it after that. You could try to post your request, if no one haves already solved it for you try on jobs section of the forum.

Regards