News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

product detail page view override doesn't work on hosting server

Started by johk, November 18, 2012, 03:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johk

Hi,

I have a problem with the product details page view override.
This seem to work fine o my localhost but when loaded on to the hosting server it doesn't seem to work as it should.

I have create a new view that I want to apply for one particular product. This owkr great on the localhost (see attached image). But when I try the same on the the hosting server it seems the product details view assigned to the product is ignored and it is instead suing the default view.
Link to shop http://vu.bohemiadesign.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=6&Itemid=732

The product assigned with different view is Registration form.

If anyone can shed some light on this would be much appricated.

Thanks,
johk

[attachment cleanup by admin]

johk

Hi,
Even if I apply the modified view to another product I still have the same problem – ie view doen't change. The view shouldn't have an image. As I mentioned it works ok on my local setup (WAMP) but for some reason not on the hosting server running php 5.3.13

Thanks,
johk

johk

Yes that is what I have done -  sorry could comeup with the right acronym.

Would really baffels me is that it is working on my localhost but not on the server ??

Thanks,
johk

PRO

how did you assign the "view"

are you overriding the default view?

if not, does that work?

johk

Hi,
It seems no matter what view I am trying to override with it always pick the 'default' view.
If I for example  select my customised view for product layouts under Configuration/Templates it still show the default view.
Please attached 2 screen shot of my settings.

Thanks,
johk

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

In the product editor you have Product Details Page set to No override. It should be set to Default (ie you do not even click in that box) or to Regf if that is the name of your override file.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

johk

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have tried setting Product Details Page to Regf as well but it still doesn't work – it still shows the default view.
I have also tried to set Default under Configuration/Templates for Product Details Page and then override this for those product where required – but it still doesn't work.
As I mentioned it works on my localhost but for some reason it doesn't work on the server.

Thanks,

johk

bytelord

Hello,

Where have you place this override files? Under joomla_folder/templates/your_joomla_template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails?

What's the name of file you have placed? default.php? or something else?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

johk

Hi,

I changed the name from Regf.php to regf.php and it now works - ie all characters lowercase.
I remeber I had similar issue a while ago with a different component (can't rememeber which one) and all it was that I had an capitalisedthe file name.

johk

bytelord

Hello,

This is not related to vm or joomla, capitalize letters have influence when using linux hosting, because linux file system works like that. On your local installation using windows as operating system this is not an issue, but on linux the have to call the file with the exact file name :)

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!