News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email Invoice Layout issue

Started by steve, November 02, 2012, 12:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

Can someone assist with a layout issue..?

Using Joomla 2.5.7

We just updated to version 2.0.12f  and have an odd issue with the layout of billing and shipping info in the email's sent to the store admin and customer.   The address, zip and state fields are out of place.

This what is sent:

Bill To
some@emailaddress.com
Elmer Fudd
123 Butternut Lane
12345 Whoville
United States
Alabama
555-555-1212

Ship To
Elmer Fudd
123 Butternut Lane
12345 Whoville
United States
Alabama
555-555-1212

This is what should be sent:

Bill To
some@emailaddress.com
Elmer Fudd
123 Butternut Lane
Whoville, Alabama 12345
United States
555-555-1212

Ship To
Elmer Fudd
123 Butternut Lane
Whoville, Alabama 12345
United States
555-555-1212

John2400

Hi steve,
Yes you might be right in regards to letterhead set up.
Maybe though the idea is to allow for the minimum field length
sometimes to try and get every known town and country on each line might push the
invoice field over a limit.

*here is some odd town names -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_long_place_names#Single_word_names

topgun21

I need to know where to find this file as well. My client is very disappointed in the invoice layout, we have a large white space at the top and the addresses aren't laid out correctly. Can anyone tell me where to find the code that generates the Invoice from the icon in the "Orders" area?

stroker707

The biggest detriment to success on Joomla and Virtuemart is the endless hours of hunt-n-peck trying to find the specific file to manipulate, update, modify or change coding such as address layout as requested by Top Gun.  I concur!  The address layout is horrible and finding the file that generates the consumer's BILL TO and SHIP TO is the problem --- where is the file to modify the INVOICE ADDRESS.   

Someday someone with wisdom will create a new version FIREBUG-ULTRA --- so that when you rollover the front-end of a website a PATH STATEMENT FIELD shows the specific path statement to find the specific file to work on. 

John2400

stroker707

Several years ago, I met a blind senior citizen at the cross-walk on a busy city street intersection.  I took her by the arm and assured success crossing the street during heavy traffic.  I surely did not point to the curb across the street and then walk away, because blind folks can't see the solution. When I completed that simple task of assisting that senior citizen navigate through traffic above --- she turned and said "you are my hero!" One thing is certain --- I perform acts of kindness all of the time because it makes me feel good to help others, but I will never refer to myself as "HERO", no matter how quietly I perform such lonely tasks to assist others.   

OK you get the point --- so now back to my issues below.... 

I posted a request to learn how to change the address layout in the BILL TO and SHIP TO section of the CART INVOICE following purchase of products.   

Clearly, the layout of the address in BILL TO and SHIP TO in the default INVOICE is apparently not "standard" for use in America business transactions, and several businesses are angry at the difficulty level to change this simple address request.

As anyone born in the past 75 years knows ---- here in America the "standard" long-standing business address layout since the 1920's looks like this:

First Name + Last Name
Company Name (If the customer is a business entity)
Address
City, State ZIP

The DEFAULT INVOICE address layout is screwy and wrong for American business owners. 

In response to my request for help changing the address layout above, someone posted a couple of age-old links which lead me to land on pages involving a discussion about Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.7, each version from yesteryear. 

Does anyone have the wisdom to provide a current, relevant and pertinent link to the PATH STATEMENT and FOLDER and FILE containing the address layout of INVOICE?

In modern America, "HELP" typically means "SOLUTION" --- so providing someone new to Joomla with age-old links for 1.5 or 1.7 version is not "HELP" or "SOLUTION". 

When someone with WISDOM responds --- they will provide a complete path statement, name the specific file, point to an actual line number and spend one moment to write a short statement how to change the address layout and where to save it.

Once the moderators of this forum start offering HELP --- the HELP SOLUTION becomes a great FAQ. 

Sending links to age-old versions is not help, solution or sufficient as an FAQ.